Pay Guarantee how does it work when requested?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can someone clarify how this works as I've only been a permanent driver for 6 months. I was told that if a driver with less seniority then me was on road that day and management told me there was no work for me that day I could request 8 hours pay. Curious if I just say I want my 8 hour pay or if I have to grieve it. I haven't been driving that long but I know 5 routes so far(I know not that many) but the guys with less seniority then me are driving the same route they qualified on every day as that's the only route they know. I usually drive a different route everyday, but occasionally get a day off, or have to convince other drivers to take a day off on their route to get work. Is it even worth it to say something and rock the boat?
We have the right to work inside in order to get our 8 hours.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol. Times have changed. Doesn't matter if ur a hard worker etc..like my boss once said.. Anyone can be fired...there's too many things you have to do right

UPS probably fires hundreds (if not thousands) of people a day. Maybe 1 in a thousand stay fired. I've always said you haven't worked at UPS very long if you haven't been fired at least once.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

UPS probably fires hundreds (if not thousands) of people a day. Maybe 1 in a thousand stay fired. I've always said you haven't worked at UPS very long if you haven't been fired at least once.
And I reply, I've never been fired or had a warning letter

Total package

We can rebuild him
I would tell them you want your 8 hours before I tried filing. The whole thing depends on whether you like an occasional layoff day, there's plenty that do. I work with some that have gladly went home more this year than worked. If you like layoff days you probably won't get any if you file, if you don't want off then file the first time they won't work you

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I would tell them you want your 8 hours before I tried filing. The whole thing depends on whether you like an occasional layoff day, there's plenty that do. I work with some that have gladly went home more this year than worked. If you like layoff days you probably won't get any if you file, if you don't want off then file the first time they won't work you
Yawn

Pooter

Rock the boat!

Call in and if they say no work loser; ask if u can bump another poor driver!

Repeat after 30 mins from initial call in.

Ez pz.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like an arse kisser to me

Lemme guess you were on the safety committee

I could probably believe the part about never being fired (I've heard a few of those actually exist) but the part about NEVER getting a warning letter-----I call BS.

Nine5

Here you have to let them know you want your 8hours. If they say no and work someone with less seniority over you then you can file.

You can't say ok and leave then decide you want to file later.

Don't listen to the people that have no backbone and try and scare you with "the list" talk.
EXACTLY I take pride in pissing off management and. "Rocking the boat " it's your right you PAY for use it