pay increase (on topic, no typical trolls that i see on every thread)

With the upcoming contract the union has requested raising the wages for pt workers. Ive been working preload for 2 years and have had two raises of 50 cents since then obviously. My question is that if they start new hires at say $15/h (just for reference) will my rate just be raised to the same as the new hires, or will my 2 years of raises be taken into account bringing my pay to $16/h. I don't wanna hear any :censored2: jokes that I see on here all the time just please someone who's been with the the for a while answer my question.

km3

With the upcoming contract the union has requested raising the wages for pt workers. Ive been working preload for 2 years and have had two raises of 50 cents since then obviously. My question is that if they start new hires at say $15/h (just for reference) will my rate just be raised to the same as the new hires, or will my 2 years of raises be taken into account bringing my pay to $16/h. I don't wanna hear any :censored2: jokes that I see on here all the time just please someone who's been with the the for a while answer my question.

They raised everyone under $15 to $15 here already, and did not take raises into account. By the sounds of it, I won't see anymore raises until my progression would have had me at or beyond $15.

542thruNthru

You will be raised to $15 an hour.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

You will get raised to 15 an hour, *****

Last edited by a moderator:

upschuck

Only if the contract has starting wage at $15/hr. If you are getting that wage for another reason, i.e. state minimum wage, ups feeling generous, then no

Maybe the new hires will get the $15 and you will be stuck at your current rate?

saintrick

If written like previous contracts you would move to what a new hire with 2 years is at.

If new language was like this

Start rate 15.00
1 year 15.25
2 year 15.50
3 year 15.75
4 year 16.00

You will get what ever the new contract raises are and be paid no less than above.

So if the new contract raise is .70 each August you will get that and then bump to the corresponding rate above on each anniversary.

542thruNthru

If written like previous contracts you would move to what a new hire with 2 years is at.

If new language was like this

Start rate 15.00
1 year 15.25
2 year 15.50
3 year 15.75
4 year 16.00

You will get what ever the new contract raises are and be paid no less than above.

So if the new contract raise is .70 each August you will get that and then bump to the corresponding rate above on each anniversary.

Isn't it the years from when the contract takes effect.

Like August 1st 2013.

barnyard

KTM rider
None of us know what will be in the upcoming contract until it is presented for ratification. If there is a large starting wage increase, what happens with everyone else will most certainly be spelled out.
Until the contract is presented, everyone here is just guessing.