Pay Raise

BrownShark

Banned
It's one half on Aug 1st and one half on June 1st What a rip off.

This is NOT ACCURATE.

The first half of the 08 raise is due on AUG 1 2008, there is NO other monies coming in 08. IN FEB 09, the other half of the .75 cents owed for 08 will be implemented.

So, simply put, AUG 08 37.5 cents then in FEB 09 37.5 cents then in AUG 09 37.5 cents.. and so on and so on..

Lets get it straight please.

Peace:peaceful:

(iworkasdirected, your post demonstrates the lack of participation in serious matters like contracts and the reason bad contracts get passed.)

satellitedriver

This is NOT ACCURATE.

The first half of the 08 raise is due on AUG 1 2008, there is NO other monies coming in 08. IN FEB 09, the other half of the .75 cents owed for 08 will be implemented.

So, simply put, AUG 08 37.5 cents then in FEB 09 37.5 cents then in AUG 09 37.5 cents.. and so on and so on..

(iworkasdirected, your post demonstrates the lack of participation in serious matters like contracts and the reason bad contracts get passed.)
Mr. B.S.,
To get it straight, the question was:

"Anyone know when we get our first raise from the 2008 contract?"

The answer is Aug. 1st, 2008
The money amount was not the inquiry. The monetary amount was settled by a majority vote on the contract.
Only a slim minority thought it was a "bad" contract.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Mr. B.S.,

The money amount was not the inquiry. The monetary amount was settled by a majority vote on the contract.

Not to get into another pointless back and forth about the contract, but more than a "slim minority" ,as you put it, voted no.

And with a much less-informed and benign union, plus PAS allowing the hiring thugs off the street and recycling/turnover, there will probably be a much worse contract coming in 2013 that will be voted by an even weaker margin.

All part of the plan, one step at a time...

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
This is NOT ACCURATE.

That is totally uncalled for and just because you are not paying attention to what you read...........I said exactly what you did 1/2 in Aug then 1/2 in June, I did NOT say anything about June 08 now did I. If you have any sense you would figure out that the first half is in aug and the second half the next June. You are mean and rude.

Yes I participate in all serious matters, Just ask any of my co-workers, I am the most vocal here and the one everyone comes to for answers.
Lighten up and read before you be such a jerk!!

satellitedriver

Not to get into another pointless back and forth about the contract, but more than a "slim minority" ,as you put it, voted no.
I agree with the not getting into a pointless back and forth, but I will clarify my statement about a slim majority.
If one took the total numbers of qualified voters (which many did not even bother) and see the percentage of those willing to vote no compared to that number, one could see it was a "slim minority" that didn't like the contract.
PAX

satellitedriver

Mr. B.S.,

I am trying to understand your logic, Mr. B.S.
You give me a negative rep point for this post,(which is your right).
Your explanation for the neg rep;

Pay Raise 01-09-2008 11:53 AM BrownShark I am not sure if you can read or not, but it appears you fail to understand the totality of posts, and your need to chime in overwhelms your ability to be intelligent.

Please enlighten me.
The totality of the original post was summed up in the word, when.
You, then, go off on a diatribe about the monetary amount that was established in the ratified contract.
"totality of posts"? You responded to "a" ( as in singular) post and tried to take it into to another realm, and I called you on it.
If one can believe I.Q. tests,
my intelligence quotient is 4.38 times my belt size.(can you say the same?)
I chime,
because you ring my bell.
POX

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I agree with the not getting into a pointless back and forth, but I will clarify my statement about a slim majority.
If one took the total numbers of qualified voters (which many did not even bother) and see the percentage of those willing to vote no compared to that number, one could see it was a "slim minority" that didn't like the contract.
PAX

Semantics...:biting::peaceful:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Semantics are word based.
Percentages are number based.
PAX

Well then kind sir, regardless your point makes no sense, numbers based, word based, or in sum. If my grandma had balls she'd be my grandpa. Swaying numbers to fit your ideas after the fact is something management would try! Be honest and call a rose a rose: 65%-35%, which is roughly the final vote count, is hardly a slim minority voting no.
If UPS was going to take 35% of your pay, you wouldn't call that a slim deduction, either.
Of course we can add in the 40% of people that didn't vote to exaggerate our point. How about we add those that did not vote as NO votes, instead of YES as you did? Then suddenly the yes votes are a slim minority! Classic.
Have a good day.

BrownShark

Banned
It's one half on Aug 1st and one half on June 1st What a rip off.

Sattelite Delusion,

Again, why waste the boards time with your nonsense. Agreed, the original question was "when" is the first raise?

This was the answer that was provided by IWORKASDIRECTED.

To this , I responded with the facts before anyone gets further confused over when and how the raise would be coming.

There is NO RAISE coming in JUNE of any year.

This posted answer shows the lack of understanding of the contract and the terms thereof.

For you, you look only to the original question and try and attach my post to it, which is incorrect.

Maybe a course in Dialog would be in order so you can follow along in the conversation.

IWORKASDIRECTEDs position of a second raise coming in JUNE is as wrong as your advice on any UPS issue.

Peace.:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
You accused him of being innacurate as if he had said there would be two raises in 08. Thus you were typically innaccurate when you slammed him.

When spanking some one for accuracy you must ensure you accurately do so.