Paycheck details question

BUCN85

ok i dont know if this is the right place to post this or if this needs to be moved to union issues or not? I am a season/cover driver and a pre-loader. i did a little bit of both last week. how ever i have my hours accounted for on my check. but there is something new in the details section that says guarentee. here what it looks like

- REGULAR (seasonal driver wage) 10.77hr

- REGULAR (loader wage) 7.07 hr

- OVERTIME (driver) 1.98 hr

- GUARANTE (loader) 5.98 hr

- TOTAL HOURS WORKED 19.82

upschuck

Thanks for telling us. I don't think I could have made it through the day without knowing that. :biggrin: As to your question, it could be in either forum, but will probably be moved.

BUCN85

Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. I am asking what this guarentee is at my loading wage. I have never seen this before

Nimnim

The Nim
Uh, I'm not 100% sure if this is the case, but every time I've seen "guarantee" used for pay it's because the hours actually worked were less than the contractual guarantee. A preloader would have 3.5 and a driver would have 8 hours normally guaranteed. If you're working both I'd doubt you'd be working less than the guarantee so I'm not sure why it's there.

Your most accurate answer would come from asking your management to get a clarification from payroll, they'd be able to tell you what time you were coded for and where the guarantee line comes from.

BUCN85

Uh, I'm not 100% sure if this is the case, but every time I've seen "guarantee" used for pay it's because the hours actually worked were less than the contractual guarantee. A preloader would have 3.5 and a driver would have 8 hours normally guaranteed. If you're working both I'd doubt you'd be working less than the guarantee so I'm not sure why it's there.

Your most accurate answer would come from asking your management to get a clarification from payroll, they'd be able to tell you what time you were coded for and where the guarantee line comes from.

Well one of the days I worked full 5 hour shift of pre-load. And another one of my days I was scheduled to drive, but was not needed and came on pre-load for 1.5 hours to help clean up the disaster. So I could see getting 2hr of guarantee. I just don't know about the other 3. I had a 10 hr driving day. Then the next day only shuttled air/ground for about 2 hours. 1.5 hr preload on WED no work thurs and 5 hours preload Friday

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Sooooo does anybody have any ideas on what this guarantee could be for?

The day that you shuttled ground and the two days you worked the short preload shifts are the days you received your guarantees. The way I'm interpreting what you're telling us is that you didn't hit your guaranteed 3.5 hours in any of those three days and you were paid free money as a result.

Thanks for coming in, go Bucs.