Paycheck Questions

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I will try to make this as simple as possible :)

My situation --- I work preload in the mornings from about 4:30 a.m to roughly 9:10 a.m.

After that I may drive during the week.

Saturdays I work from approx. 5:30 a.m to roughly 12:00

This paycheck I worked preload 5 days a week and drove Friday and Saturday.

Can someone explain to me how they calculate my time as far as driving time and Saturday pay, as well as Pre-Load time. I have been told that if I drive the same morning I preload, I get driver pay when I am on preload. (Is this correct?) I believe I may been shorted some time from Friday because I worked preload and drove too.

BTW...I found this http://www.copleys.com/timecard/ if this would help anyone...I was told by other drivers to keep up with my time B/C I may get screwed out of my time..

helenofcalifornia

You either have to keep a separate timecard with hours worked and at what job, or, verify with your OMS the hours you worked and at what pay scale. It's tough when you first start out and you work at a bunch of different pay levels. I am sure there will be more UPSers dropping in with more comments and ideas.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
You either have to keep a separate timecard with hours worked and at what job, or, verify with your OMS the hours you worked and at what pay scale. It's tough when you first start out and you work at a bunch of different pay levels. I am sure there will be more UPSers dropping in with more comments and ideas.

Do I seperate Preload time from driver time? I was told I was able to get driver pay even if I work Preload.

yurgref

Do I seperate Preload time from driver time? I was told I was able to get driver pay even if I work Preload.

1st I would suggest that you get a copy of your local contract, if you were part of the NorCal rider I could answer your question

Art 21 Sec 3 -Combination Job

Employees may be required to work in more then one (1) classification during their working hours of any day, but in such event shall be paid for the entire day at the hourly rate of the highest job classification worked, EXCEPT FOR UTILITY DRIVERS.

I would suggest looking under Job Classification and Pay Rate for the information that pertain to You

Good Luck

outamyway

Your Saturday pay is 12.50. It's only air, so you only get paid air driver rate.
It looks like you delivered ground one day which is where your 23.96 pay rate came from.
If you deliverd only air after preload you would make 12.50\hr for the entire day. At least that's what I was told.

Did you deliver ground friday? How many hrs did you work total friday?

Looks like you got payed 23.96 for 3.83 hrs. Then 35.94 (overtime) for 4.84hrs. I'm not sure how you ended up with overtime after 3.83 hrs of work, unless you worked 4.17 hrs on the preload that day. You should have been paid driver pay for that time also.

I know where I'm at, if I drive any ground I get paid driver pay from when I start to when I get off. But, I'm an article 40 air driver so I'm not entirely sure how it works if your a preloader.

I'd talk to a stewart.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Yes I delivered ground Friday from 9:15 thru 6:00 p.m. I was "assuming" I got paid driver pay all day that day because I was driving from 9:15 thru 6:00 p.m.

LKLND3380

I will try to make this as simple as possible :)

My situation --- I work preload in the mornings from about 4:30 a.m to roughly 9:10 a.m.

After that I may drive during the week.

Saturdays I work from approx. 5:30 a.m to roughly 12:00

This paycheck I worked preload 5 days a week and drove Friday and Saturday.

Can someone explain to me how they calculate my time as far as driving time and Saturday pay, as well as Pre-Load time. I have been told that if I drive the same morning I preload, I get driver pay when I am on preload. (Is this correct?) I believe I may been shorted some time from Friday because I worked preload and drove too.

BTW...I found this http://www.copleys.com/timecard/ if this would help anyone...I was told by other drivers to keep up with my time B/C I may get screwed out of my time..

You make $10.00 for something and I am guessing you work unload starting at 8.50 and went through three pay raises...

You make 12.50 for something...

You make $23.96 for something and while performing this job you got over time at $35.94...

Under deductions I don't see UNION DUES

W

westsideworma

You make $10.00 for something and I am guessing you work unload starting at 8.50 and went through three pay raises...

You make 12.50 for something...

You make $23.96 for something and while performing this job you got over time at $35.94...

Under deductions I don't see UNION DUES

some areas have it taken out monthly...like worcester for example :wink:

LKLND3380

The sad thing is that 25 years ago, I used to average $525 a week part time. A dollar was worth a hell of a lot more back then.

$525??? Well that was BEFORE PAS... When you can have the preload go through 10 feeders in five hours and one preloader loading two package cars...

Now with PAS we go through 18 feeders in four hours and have one prelaoder loading three package cars and being paid $9.50 starting...

The new contract wants to keep Part Times starting at $8.50:thumbup1:

Big Babooba

$525??? Well that was BEFORE PAS... When you can have the preload go through 10 feeders in five hours and one preloader loading two package cars...

Now with PAS we go through 18 feeders in four hours and have one prelaoder loading three package cars and being paid $9.50 starting...

The new contract wants to keep Part Times starting at $8.50:thumbup1:

We have a full time preload and I was often working 8 - 10 hrs a day. Also I was hired under the old contract where part timers made approximately .35/ hr less than a driver.

LKLND3380

We have a full time preload and I was often working 8 - 10 hrs a day. Also I was hired under the old contract where part timers made approximately .35/ hr less than a driver.

A full time preload?!? I thought there were Human Rights laws against such things... 8 to 10 hours that must have been way before PAS.... How many cars did they someone have to load???

The old contract where part timers made approx. .35/hr less than a driver?!? This was back when preload duties included feeding the horses?:wink:

Big Babooba

A full time preload?!? I thought there were Human Rights laws against such things... 8 to 10 hours that must have been way before PAS.... How many cars did they someone have to load???

The old contract where part timers made approx. .35/hr less than a driver?!? This was back when preload duties included feeding the horses?:wink:
It sounds worse than it actually is. The loaders average 6 - 8 cars each. The belts move much slower. Thanks for making me feel old. I never had to work with horses, but I've worked for some horse's a@@es.