Paycheck term

AKCoverMan

I'm just trying to make it to the end of this contract or somewhere near that date
I think I will me a junior member of our local team negotiating our supplement this cycle and if so I may stick it out thru the next one as well. My senior brother who was on it last cycle is sticking out another year to be in on it this cycle as well. Retired member cant be on the team…plus when I retire.. I’m done!!

I think I will me a junior member of our local team negotiating our supplement this cycle and if so I may stick it out thru the next one as well. My senior brother who was on it last cycle is sticking out another year to be in on it this cycle as well. Retired member cant be on the team…plus when I retire.. I’m done!!
I just want to know what the terms are for the next 5 years once I retire

AKCoverMan

I just want to know what the terms are for the next 5 years once I retire
Ours are hard to wrap hands around, we actually are in two different full time pensions.. about 60% goes to our state Local pension fund and sbout 40% to the Western Conference Teamsters pension. Both have different rules for claiming benefits.

Ours are hard to wrap hands around, we actually are in two different full time pensions.. about 60% goes to our state Local pension fund and sbout 40% to the Western Conference Teamsters pension. Both have different rules for claiming benefits.
The only thing is keeping you here right now is The age penalties.
Just like your plan my plan has some things that are hard to explain but at least I know if I want to be I can

AKCoverMan

The only thing is keeping you here right now is The age penalties.
Just like your plan my plan has some things that are hard to explain but at least I know if I want to be I can
The fact that both myself and my sweetheart didn’t go into UPS until we were in our 40s is keepin me around past 60 for sure.

But we started out with combined assets under $80k. Today we have about $450k just in Roth 401k and Roth IRAs, a home with equity and a mortgage payment with low interest we can handle easily and can see pensions coming down the road…by then the 401k/IRA funds will be close to a million dollar safety net/retirement slush fund for us.

i know we all love to bitch and whine about stuff but we feel pretty grateful for the opportunity we have at UPS.

The fact that both myself and my sweetheart didn’t go into UPS until we were in our 40s is keepin me around past 60 for sure.

But we started out with combined assets under $80k. Today we have about $450k just in Roth 401k and Roth IRAs, a home with equity and a mortgage payment with low interest we can handle easily and can see pensions coming down the road…by then the 401k/IRA funds will be close to a million dollar safety net/retirement slush fund for us.

i know we all love to bitch and whine about stuff but we feel pretty grateful for the opportunity we have at UPS.
It's also been a great opportunity for me.
I just have the opposite problem of you I started here when I was kid