Paycheck wrong every single week

So I’m a 22.3 that works hub twi, shifter night sort. At my hub, we have one feeder payroll lady that works 8-5 and she’s the worst. I’m in my first year as a 22.3 so my pay rate isn’t quite where I need it so I triple shift 2-3 times a week. Every time I do this my twi times are so jacked up. I’ll work 4.5 hours and get paid for like 1.82. It’s absurd. I bring them up to this lady and she bucks up a lot of times. Usually I’ll get her to adjust it after some inconvenient over explanation but she’ll adjust it wrong. Normally it’s about an hour short of what I’m missing or it’s standard pay when it should be OT. Once I asked her three times to fix one and she didn’t so I filed on it. It was nearly 20 hours, mostly OT. I emailed my local a few times but I haven’t heard anything and that was in APRIL…I hate having to worry about my time on a daily basis, or being beat up at the end of the day knowing I probably won’t get paid for the whole thing. I work roughly 60 hours a week and I’m getting shorted so much it’s close to affecting my bills. I’m not one to rant, but I believe everyone should be paid for what they worked. If I’ve only got one payroll lady and my local isn’t doing anything, what should I be doing to fix it?

File, file, file. Create a paper trail, and if the local doesn't do anything about it, file legal suit via NLRB or your state labor board. At least your grievances will show as evidence on your behalf if it goes that far.

You need to personally get a hold of your BA, not send an email to the local and let 3 months go by. You're owed every penny you earn, you need to stand up for yourself. No reason you should've let it go this far, man up!

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
File, file, file. Create a paper trail, and if the local doesn't do anything about it, file legal suit via NLRB or your state labor board. At least your grievances will show as evidence on your behalf if it goes that far.

You need to personally get a hold of your BA, not send an email to the local and let 3 months go by. You're owed every penny you earn, you need to stand up for yourself. No reason you should've let it go this far, man up!
Wrong! File a grievance, call Steward/Business Agent, file wage claim with your state labor commission. Call the Principal Officer of your Local, send a certified letter to your executive board and lastly file a DFR.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I’m a 22.3 that works hub twi, shifter night sort. At my hub, we have one feeder payroll lady that works 8-5 and she’s the worst. I’m in my first year as a 22.3 so my pay rate isn’t quite where I need it so I triple shift 2-3 times a week. Every time I do this my twi times are so jacked up. I’ll work 4.5 hours and get paid for like 1.82. It’s absurd. I bring them up to this lady and she bucks up a lot of times. Usually I’ll get her to adjust it after some inconvenient over explanation but she’ll adjust it wrong. Normally it’s about an hour short of what I’m missing or it’s standard pay when it should be OT. Once I asked her three times to fix one and she didn’t so I filed on it. It was nearly 20 hours, mostly OT. I emailed my local a few times but I haven’t heard anything and that was in APRIL…I hate having to worry about my time on a daily basis, or being beat up at the end of the day knowing I probably won’t get paid for the whole thing. I work roughly 60 hours a week and I’m getting shorted so much it’s close to affecting my bills. I’m not one to rant, but I believe everyone should be paid for what they worked. If I’ve only got one payroll lady and my local isn’t doing anything, what should I be doing to fix it?
Time to call your state Attorney General's office! Watch things change fast.

Again and again, UPS is screwing with pay. Where is the union?

542thruNthru

File, file, file. Create a paper trail, and if the local doesn't do anything about it, file legal suit via NLRB or your state labor board.At least your grievances will show as evidence onyour behalf if it goes that far.

Wrong! File a grievance, call Steward/Business Agent, file wage claim with your state labor commission. Call the Principal Officer of your Local, send a certified letter to your executive board and lastly file a DFR.
It sucks he's being paid wrong but the grievance procedure needs to run its course.

@TheFearlessBunny
Keep track of your hours and file a grievance every single week for the missing hours plus penalty pay. Make sure to file for each separate week so that penalty pay continues to stack for each grievance.

Call your local and speak with your BA about the issue as well. Twilight runs on a different timecard application if I remember correctly and this could be the issue.

Wrong? You literally said exactly what I said and added a certified letter. Pending union (in)action, a DFR may be warranted.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
It sucks he's being paid wrong but the grievance procedure needs to run its course.

@TheFearlessBunny
Keep track of your hours and file a grievance every single week for the missing hours plus penalty pay. Make sure to file for each separate week so that penalty pay continues to stack for each grievance.

Call your local and speak with your BA about the issue as well. Twilight runs on a different timecard application if I remember correctly and this could be the issue.
So if I won on 7 grievances 14 hours, 2 months ago and the still haven't paid me I am accumulating around 180 per week in penalty pay?

Box Ox

In addition to what everyone else has said, also tell those on your sort what's going on and to watch their paychecks closely. There's strength in numbers and others noticing issues with their own paychecks helped me get that bull:censored2: sorted out real fast when I was a preloader.

542thruNthru

So if I won on 7 grievances 14 hours, 2 months ago and the still haven't paid me I am accumulating around 180 per week in penalty pay?
How much do you make a hour?

The penalty stops accruing when the adjustment is made. Have they made the adjustments?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
How much do you make a hour?

The penalty stops accruing when the adjustment is made. Have they made the adjustments?
15 Ok,they have but I still haven't been paid so its just 26.25 every week right?How long do they typically take to pay out (I know everywhere is different)but any guestimation would help?Tomorrow will be the 45th working day I won on 5/11 so that will make it the 7th penalty they owe me

Last edited:

542thruNthru

15 Ok,they have but I still haven't been paid so its just 26.25 every week right?How long do they typically take to pay out (I know everywhere is different)but any guestimation would help?
Yes $26.25 for every full pay period (1 week).
This is why you file a separate grievance every week.
Grievance 1 x 4 weeks = $105
Grievance 2 x 3 weeks = $78.75
Grievance 3 x 2 weeks = $52.50

One grievance for all 4 weeks just equals $105.

UPS labor and payroll quickly notice the stacking liability they owe and rush to stop the bleeding.

Labor will do their best to make it take a long time. They will post pone and then send to panel which will take forever to get heard and then they'll finally pay because they know they are going to have to right before panel. They will also send your BA to ask you to take less and they'll settle it now. Just sit back and wait for your free money is what I tell people.

I was in between saying "That's just wrong" as far as pay and saying your advice was "Right" and it came across as garbage. Where's the edit button
beer.gif

charm299

Mine too. Some weeks it says I made 1600 dollars and my check is only for 1100 or so.

trickpony1

I'll say it again......

We can track Grandma's package from pick up to destination and everywhere in between but we can't seem to get the paychecks correct.

Amazing.