Payed Send Agains

Y

yonnko

Has anybody heard anything about some delivery areas switching to 2 delivery attempts to save money. I.E. routes with high concentration of non driver release areas.

M

mattwtrs

Don't you know that somebody is always thinking outside the box to cut costs. We have some areas that are so bad we only make 1 delivery attempt and tell the consignee to pick up at customer counter or request an alternate business address. The bad guys would see the delivery notice and wait for the driver the next day because of the cash only cod back in the days when we still had them

S

speeddemon

We have been doing that for a while. We have a goal of .08% send agains a day. If we have more than two, we are to contact the center and ask if we should go back. Wish I had the time to do that. Most of us don't.

U

upsdude

The goal in our building is 5 or less. I usually blow that because I have 22 apartments complexes on my area. None of them accept deliveries at the rental office. My sup told me I should smooze the rental managers, I asked him how I should code out that time.
biggrin.gif
I average 10 to 15 paid SAs a day. Of course, 2 Dell shipments are good for 6 to 8 SAs. I have about 5 addresses that are always good for 3 attempts then post card. A previous center manager actually called two of the folks to try and arrange delivery with no luck. Most regular residential consignees know we will make 3 attempts then post card, so they dont put forth any effort to be home. I think we should seriously look at RTSing packages after 3 attempts. Were loosing money trying to be nice. FredEx and the Post Office dont do it, why should we?

R

rushfan

Here it's the usual 3 attempts per delivery.

For a while, we were expected to have only a maximum of 2 send agains. This lead to management telling us to future any send agains. They wanted us to future busineses that were closed on friday and open on monday. I.e Dentist offices. We would then have to unload a s&*%load of boxes friday night just to have the clerk exception them till monday. What a waste. It was done just to make the numbers look good.
Along came a new center manager and we asked him about the practice and he said we don't future friday closures and NI1 packages.

B

bwattsgcc

I work in a small center 18 routes, I always put this in the comments on the info note "call xxx-xxxx if you want to pick up your pkg after 6:00pm" which is the time we have to be back with air. I usually don't have them the next day.

D

double_standard

Hey upsdude,you said 2 dell systems would be 8 send agains.As long as all pkgs have the same shipper # just hit the bundle key for each pkg,and 2 dell systems become 2 send agains.

U

upsdude

"Hey upsdude,you said 2 dell systems would be 8 send agains.As long as all pkgs have the same shipper # just hit the bundle key for each pkg,and 2 dell systems become 2 send agains."

Help me out, what/where is the bundle key? We use DIAD 3

Thanks!!

U

upsdude

"I work in a small center 18 routes, I always put this in the comments on the info note "call xxx-xxxx if you want to pick up your pkg after 6:00pm" which is the time we have to be back with air. I usually don't have them the next day."

We were told to NEVER EVER give out the center phone number
icon304.gif

I always follow instructions!
biggrin.gif

D

double_standard

its at the bottom right,2nd key in on diad 3.
hit the shift key to highlight the bundle option,
then hit the button right under it.

S

spidey

Don't give them the center number, it will delay the pkg getting pulled anyway. They call 1-800-PICK UPS and request a same day will call.

S

speeddemon

The problem is, those people at the 1 800 number, are idoiots, at least thats my experience with them trying to help my customers. In my center, we give out our local number. Some of my closest customers have my cell number. Its all about service, and I intend to give it too them.

S

spidey

I agree about the 1-800#, but a same day will call is pretty simple, and that part of the system works well. If we gave out our center number we would, very literally, be unable to function.

nWo

I always reattempted Not ins because I know my customers would appreciate it and I hate seeing the same package two days in a row. I mean if the route is tight enough.