Payroll Screw Up

Goldilocks

Did anyone else have issues this week with their paycheck? My husband got paid 3 times, 2 the same amount and the other different amount. I got an extra 400 dollars, but it was adjusted. What the heck is going on with Express payroll?

StuffItFred

They were quick to fix the problem. I also got paid 5 times my regular salary and twice 400$.

Rest assure they made sure NOBODY got .01¢ more than they should have!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They were quick to fix the problem. I also got paid 5 times my regular salary and twice 400$.

Rest assure they made sure NOBODY got .01¢ more than they should have!

Any errors are your fault, but here's what you need to say. "I deny any wrongdoing and I will vigorously defend myself in court".

SmithBarney

Trust me it's no "mistake" accounting was hiding money from stockholders..

The real screw up apparently is everyone getting paid a week late for xmas eve and newyears eve
because payroll changed the cutoff times for payroll, and didn't seem to mention it to anyone.

so if you worked 6 days, watch your hrs to make sure you were paid correctly
also if you were tu-sa and worked monday-sat make sure you got OT on the right days.

Goldilocks

Trust me it's no "mistake" accounting was hiding money from stockholders..

The real screw up apparently is everyone getting paid a week late for xmas eve and newyears eve
because payroll changed the cutoff times for payroll, and didn't seem to mention it to anyone.

so if you worked 6 days, watch your hrs to make sure you were paid correctly
also if you were tu-sa and worked monday-sat make sure you got OT on the right days.

Really? Guess I need to check this out. My husbands checks have still not been corrected. Need to make sure he was paid for working Christmas Day too. Will have my manager pull up the last 3 weeks stubs.

Glorifiedpackmule

Messing with my personal bank account.This just moved to #1 on my all time worst things FedEx has ever done list. I will be switching from direct deposit back to manual deposit. There's no way we should trust this **** hole with access to our bank accounts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Messing with my personal bank account.This just moved to #1 on my all time worst things FedEx has ever done list. I will be switching from direct deposit back to manual deposit. There's no way we should trust this **** hole with access to our bank accounts.

Are you saying that they went in to your personal bank account and withdrew money?

On the rare occasions where we are overpaid the error is taken out of our checks in $25 increments until fully repaid. They would never think about doing a reverse EFT.

Goldilocks

Are you saying that they went in to your personal bank account and withdrew money?

On the rare occasions where we are overpaid the error is taken out of our checks in $25 increments until fully repaid. They would never think about doing a reverse EFT.

Just checked my account and they did reverse it.....All of it...

Glorifiedpackmule

What does that mean? How did they screw up your personal bank account?

It means the money was in the account for use. I would of never used it because I knew it was a mistake. Just the fact that it happened makes one wonder what else they've done over the years regarding hours and pay. Who's to say someday we just won't get paid at all because of a "glitch".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It means the money was in the account for use. I would of never used it because I knew it was a mistake. Just the fact that it happened makes one wonder what else they've done over the years regarding hours and pay. Who's to say someday we just won't get paid at all because of a "glitch".

This is ERROR FedEx. We are incapable ERROR of ERROR.

big idea

Just the inconvenience of having to go to the bank once a week and, depending on your bank, only having the first $100 of your check available for immediate use.

I never had direct deposit.I was never inconvenienced.Sometimes i would save up 5 or 6 checks before going to bank(which was on route).Don't have direct with pension check either.Only get 1 a month though,plenty of time to go to bank.To bad people like you have to live pay check to pay check

thedownhillEXPRESS

The majority of my stations checks have been in error the last two weeks.
Many people have been shorted hours and yes, FedEx did deposit money and then electronically WITHDRAW the funds.
Some people have not been paid at all.
I'll try and post some wage theft hotline numbers later....

CJinx

Some of my coworkers think I'm foolish for not opting for direct deposit, but reasons like this are why I refuse to give my employer (Fedex and otherwise) a direct line to my bank account.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The majority of my stations checks have been in error the last two weeks.
Many people have been shorted hours and yes, FedEx did deposit money and then electronically WITHDRAW the funds.
Some people have not been paid at all.
I'll try and post some wage theft hotline numbers later....

Our station had a lot of people with bounced checks. Is Fred going to pick-up the tab for those fees? My guess is..no.

TUT

Some of my coworkers think I'm foolish for not opting for direct deposit, but reasons like this are why I refuse to give my employer (Fedex and otherwise) a direct line to my bank account.

I don't know about foolish, but a overly fearful, certainly. The majority of the workforce today gets direct deposit, there isn't an epidemic of issues with this method. You're just an old soul.