Peak #35, day 10

rod

Retired 22 years
Probably doesn’t have the age, I’m in the same boat, 35th peak, 3 to go, although if they’re like this peak, it won’t be all that bad.
What happened to "retire at any age" if you got your 30 in? Did you guys lose that also? I retired at 53.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
The PVDS are burning up your route
I gave the work to the 22.4 who has been doing my route more often than I have this past year..LOL
PVD driver on my route does about 40ish stops of my juice(about 1.25 hrs of work from me).
I'm doing about 135 of my extended stops . works out great for me, I'm parking my front tire on the doormat and hardly stepping more than 5 feet away from the pkg car.:thumbup:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
He's under peer 80. He could have retired years ago if he wanted.
Just need to set aside enough to support my disabled child for the rest of his life, and be able to support a comfortable SoCal lifestyle for me and my wife with pension and SS only. Paid off my mortgage last year:smart:
Only worked an average 3ish days a week this year to test out pension income.
My center was overly staffed this year. Younger drivers gained some income and area knowledge they needed.
Take advantage of extra days off if you can afford them. It doesn't happen often.:peaceful:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Day 15 ... Offered another Rday if I come in Sat....LOL ... Hell Yeah! would have worked anyway for the easy money. LOL
Skip an 8 hr day at reg pay, xmas shop, do some yard work, spend time with Family and work 7ish hrs on sat for 1.5?
I'm good with this 5 day work week vs the old school alternative I endured for over 30 years .... Thank You Millennials! 👊

542thruNthru

Day 15 ... Offered another Rday if I come in Sat....LOL ... Hell Yeah! would have worked anyway for the easy money. LOL
Skip an 8 hr day at reg pay, xmas shop, do some yard work, spend time with Family and work 7ish hrs on sat for 1.5?
I'm good with this 5 day work week vs the old school alternative I endured for over 30 years .... Thank You Millennials! 👊
I'm on my way to the vote count.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
IMHO I'm good with 22.4 Become RPCD...while we concede PVD to peak late Nov to early Jan ...I do not need someone or those pkgs in my pkg car at peak .. been there done all that! ...Just saying :peaceful: