Peak #35, day 10

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’s not if their still married. Divorced? Rather dies behind the wheel than give any pension money to The Ex. Am I right @Wally ?
Amen brother, especially when you hear from back channels that ex wifey was counting on checks coming in. Meanwhile she sees my wife and I traveling all the time.

AKCoverMan

i mean we can blame ourselves but also blame the union big time when the company is ready to strike because they feel they have an army of experienced pvd drivers ready to go
I dunno… doubt there is an “army” of PVDs. We have a few that seem to do well, but most bring back stuff every day they can’t find or never got to… seems like every day a PVD route is left stacked in building as a prize for whatever regular package car gets done first.

They would need the PVDs they have now plus literally fifty thousand more to replace us. And PVDs don’t replace feeders and jet planes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Amen brother, especially when you hear from back channels that ex wifey was counting on checks coming in. Meanwhile she sees my wife and I traveling all the time.
How’s the ex looking these days
Did she join a gym and lose a bunch of Lbs
Maybe take some of the sag out of those fun bags and don’t forget the lypo

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I dunno… doubt there is an “army” of PVDs. We have a few that seem to do well, but most bring back stuff every day they can’t find or never got to… seems like every day a PVD route is left stacked in building as a prize for whatever regular package car gets done first.

They would need the PVDs they have now plus literally fifty thousand more to replace us. And PVDs don’t replace feeders and jet planes.
depends on where you are but MANY places all over the country the PVD drivers are delivering as much volume as the drivers. Guys are struggling to get 8 hours a day

They can probably get enough management to get close to delivering all of the commercial stops. Throw all of the resi stuff at PVD.

The union has won every arbitration case on PVD drivers. When the company said they were using them anyway this peak we should have walked.

AKCoverMan

The union has won every arbitration case on PVD drivers. When the company said they were using them anyway this peak we should have walked.
In all those cases the arbitrator basically said ups has to come to the table and negotiate pvd use. Don’t think any of it would be grounds for us to legally strike mid contract.

JustDeliverIt

In all those cases the arbitrator basically said ups has to come to the table and negotiate pvd use. Don’t think any of it would be grounds for us to legally strike mid contract.

Just like it isn’t grounds for UPS to just keep using PVD’s without negotiating but here we are.

But some of the blame lies on the union as well. They won these arbitration decisions and are still allowing it, should have been settled immediately.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah they have to come to the table and they haven’t. So they can’t just use them. Pretty sure that’s grounds

AKCoverMan

But some of the blame lies on the union as well. They won these arbitration decisions and are still allowing it, should have been settled immediately.

Yeah they have to come to the table and they haven’t. So they can’t just use them. Pretty sure that’s grounds

i get it but the decisions (at least the one I read) did not say UPS had to stop only that they had to negotiate fitting PVDs into the contract. I believe that such negotiations are being kicked down the road (possibly by both sides) because it’s so obviously going to be a debate for the upcoming contract.

Not even arguing that it’s right just think that’s the reality at this moment.