Peak advice

platinum9898

Looking for some advice/tips regarding peak as it will be my first as a pc driver. What to expect when i pop this cherry, how to use driver helpers. Any thing in detail to get a jump on things. Thanks in advance.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
have a good flashlight,pack a couple of sandwiches( I dont want to waste an hour of daylight sitting on my butt)set a good pace and maintain it. its not that bad

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Remember when you have a jumper, its a team effort not an individual effort. Things go a lot smoother when you work as a team. Its peak and both of you will work a lot and hard. Have a talk the first couple hours and let them know what you are expecting of them to get it out of the way. You will learn the first day if their going to be good or a dud. I always tried to find my own jumper that I knew and would work out for me. Never have had a bad jumper in all the peaks I have drove. No need for the jumper to do all the work or you to do all the work. Its a team during peak and should be done that way. If both of you are delivering simultaneously as much as possible youll get more done in a faster and more efficient fashion. I always do I go right and you go left and try to hit off as many at 1 time as possible. If that means parking between houses and both of you hitting 2 or 3 stops a piece at 1 time then that's what you do. All about teamwork and efficiency. Theres always going to be lazy drivers that make their drivers do everything, and those are the :censored2: drivers that go through multiple jumpers. Every jumper ive ever had told me after day 1 their staying with me through the whole peak, which I guess I can take pride in that. Good luck youngblood and remember efficient but safe. Find that safe zone, you aint got to kill yourself or your jumper and you don't want no injuries.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Remember when you have a jumper, its a team effort not an individual effort. Things go a lot smoother when you work as a team. Its peak and both of you will work a lot and hard. Have a talk the first couple hours and let them know what you are expecting of them to get it out of the way. You will learn the first day if their going to be good or a dud. I always tried to find my own jumper that I knew and would work out for me. Never have had a bad jumper in all the peaks I have drove. No need for the jumper to do all the work or you to do all the work. Its a team during peak and should be done that way. If both of you are delivering simultaneously as much as possible youll get more done in a faster and more efficient fashion. I always do I go right and you go left and try to hit off as many at 1 time as possible. If that means parking between houses and both of you hitting 2 or 3 stops a piece at 1 time then that's what you do. All about teamwork and efficiency. Theres always going to be lazy drivers that make their drivers do everything, and those are the :censored2: drivers that go through multiple jumpers. Every jumper ive ever had told me after day 1 their staying with me through the whole peak, which I guess I can take pride in that. Good luck youngblood and remember efficient but safe. Find that safe zone, you aint got to kill yourself or your jumper and you don't want no injuries.
I meant I go left and jumper goes right lol.

UPSGUY72

First of all don't get all worked up peak is just like any other day you only can deliver one stop at a time. The only difference is that your going to have more stops with that comes more packages to deliver. On the plus side your going to have a helper.

Make sure your helper is moving when the car isn't. When your helper is delivering a package to it's delivery point be in the back finding and sorting the next couple of stops than be back in the seat ready to move when they get back. If you have stops sorted and there are stops across the street or next to each other have the helper deliver one and you the other.

Your going to learn there are helper that catch on quick and are a pleasure to work with and then there are helpers that you will have to baby sit all day they can't follow simple direction or just don't want to but they all seem to have the same life story they can't keep a job and it's everyone else's fault.

Last edited:

bumped

Peak is no big deal

One stop at a time

You will deliver in the dark

Set your pace early. You run like a madman you will get dumped on all peak long.

Be safe.

Z

ZQXC

have a good flashlight,pack a couple of sandwiches( I dont want to waste an hour of daylight sitting on my butt)set a good pace and maintain it. its not that bad

agree / much better to eat in the dark than look for house numbers in the dark / peak can't be taught, it must be experienced

UPSGUY72

Thank you gentlemen, Now i have a better picture of what to expect. How long do we have a helper any given day?

Sent using BrownCafe App

They give you a set number of hours a day sometimes it like 2 other it 8 or more and the number of hours they decided you can keep your helper isn't really based on the package count as you will see. I pick up my helper at the assigned time or earlier if needed and drop them off when I'm done delivering who the hell want to work only 2 or 3 hours a day especially doing helper work.