Peak here already?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Everyone else seeing what we are here? Drivers already going out with 12,13,14 hour loads or worse. I know of one rural route driver that had to lose 2 hours of work just hoping to finish and another that wasn't sure he would get done in 14.

I really have no hope for this peak. I see one monster failure system wide. This could be just our center I mean our dispatcher is just terrible and I know that's part of it. What are you all seeing at your center?

PT Car Washer

Not seeing anything like that in my building. Misloads completely out of control. Picked up one today that was 125 lbs. It took two loaders to put it the wrong truck. Lots of complaints about dispatch sending three drivers to the same sub division just to even out the dispatch. One driver does the north side of the street, another driver does the south side. Center management team is very experienced with a lot of high seniority drivers.

Buck Fifty

I've noticed that mgmt in our bldg suck and really has no plan for this peak. So for all you OP's managers and Division Mgrs out there, get a effing clue and jump off a cliff and drag the rest of your crews with you. We can do it without you.

PT Car Washer

Legally 14 o kay. But company policy from my experience is 12 hours max. Talking package cars here. After 12 hours you are just spinning your wheels and will be out of hours by Friday

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
it's hitting pretty hard in our center as well. We are down 6 drivers due to injuries and the Seasonal Drivers they have hired cant run more than 8-10 stops an hour . The Runner Gunners are getting BURIED (its OSSUM hearing them cry and whine in the AM) and I expect to be delivering Xmas packages in the middle of January to pissed off customers. There aint no way we are going to be able to deliver everything in December.

PT Car Washer

it's hitting pretty hard in our center as well. We are down 6 drivers due to injuries and the Seasonal Drivers they have hired cant run more than 8-10 stops an hour . The Runner Gunners are getting BURIED (its OSSUM hearing them cry and whine in the AM) and I expect to be delivering Xmas packages in the middle of January to pissed off customers. There aint no way we are going to be able to deliver everything in December.

Just wait until the first blizzard.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm on my third Helper already, this Peak looks like a disaster in the making. Monday I had 169 stops, yesterday 188, and today I had 195. An eight hour day on my route is 130 stops and a hundred miles. I'm getting beat down physically too early in the week.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its going to be hell this year fellas. Cant wait til punch em in the balls every night lol. Dumbest place in the world for sure. Is what it is. Deliver what you can and sheet what you cant missed. Oh well sorry bout your luck Chuck aint my problem lol.

Brownslave688

Legally 14 o kay. But company policy from my experience is 12 hours max. Talking package cars here. After 12 hours you are just spinning your wheels and will be out of hours by Friday

​Had multiple drivers over 13 today. I wish it was still bring it in under 12. I can handle 12. 14 is rough for multiple days. Although telling them u must be off by 4 on Friday is fun too.

Brownslave688

Every year we wonder how we will ever get it done...every year we do.

Actually last year was the first year I ever wondered if we would get it all delivered. Somehow we did but honestly we were a few hurt drivers or one snow storm away from it not getting done. So far this is year is shaping up to be much worse. Last year our dispatcher was just bad this year the new guy is bad beyond believe. Truly monkey throwing darts at a map bad.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have most of our routes in all week now and have casuals running split routes to level us off so most of the screen is yellow for us. I'm sure its the calm before the storm.

Brownslave688

We have most of our routes in all week now and have casuals running split routes to level us off so most of the screen is yellow for us. I'm sure its the calm before the storm.

Yellow red white hell it don't matter it's all made up BS anyway. I worked 11.5 hours on a day that was in the white yesterday. Tomorrow I could have 30 less stops and be in the red. It's all smoke and mirrors.