Peak season hours

Jstpeachy

Calculating these bank peak hours they are talking about lol seeing how many dollars is worth giving up my love of the holiday season

Days

Some people are still getting that show up bonus. It’s ridiculous.

200$ weekly bonus for a loader + base pay is the equivalent of like 35$ an hour considering they’re working around 25 a week.

If I’d been there for a long time and was only making 15 and some new hire was making 35$ an hour, I wouldn’t be very happy.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
200$ weekly bonus for a loader + base pay is the equivalent of like 35$ an hour considering they’re working around 25 a week.

If I’d been there for a long time and was only making 15 and some new hire was making 35$ an hour, I wouldn’t be very happy.
$35/ hr?? How do you come up with that?

ihateloading

All PTers got the bonus not just new hires. I got hired on when UPS was only giving a $100 bonus last summer. When they bumped it up to $200 that fall to get more peak season hires, every PTer got $200 also, not just new hires.

MattM

OP, you also have to remember scheduled start times and days can also change on the fly. My building doesn’t typically work on sundays but since Christmas has fallen near the beginning of the week the past few years, they've had us show up on Sunday. One year it was a Monday that we had to show up. 90% of us work other jobs and Monday has never been a scheduled work day for us either. So if you're typically a early morning pre load, who knows what they can do to you and your schedule.

The OT After 40 should be nice after that 4th day. That 5th working day should be all time and a half. Only downside, there is no double time after that fifth hour on that 5th day. 45 hrs for PT is that point of diminishing returns.

polyp

All PTers got the bonus not just new hires. I got hired on when UPS was only giving a $100 bonus last summer. When they bumped it up to $200 that fall to get more peak season hires, every PTer got $200 also, not just new hires.

There were buildings where everyone who started before the bonus was enacted got zilch.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Quick question, I’m looking for a second part time gig, but PCM on preload is starting to mention we will be working 10 hour days in a month.

Will it be legit 10 hour days in early November thru Christmas?
I meaaaaaaaan.....yea?
Technically its not mandatory. Depends on the "understanding " your local and management have.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You know your building is screwed when you and several other people volunteer extra hours in September/October and then burn out November/December. Our building has been fine since the 2017 disaster (thanks to 2 brand new buildings) but cracks in the foundation are already starting to show. Amazon is just blasting us.