Peak season hours

polyp

Oh wow smh. In my hub PTers who were here for years even got the bonus. One PTer that has been here going on 25 years even got it

We're a high seniority building, so the reasoning was probably that we were all lifers and wouldn't be quitting if we didn't get it. They weren't entirely wrong, but it turns out paying a third of the workforce more than the rest is a great way to take your production numbers and piledrive them into the floor. Whowouldathunk?

When they finally ended the bonus the only real difference was that some of the people who had been receiving it quit, making them more reliant on the the ones who were still bitter about not getting it for two years.

Been fun.

Jstpeachy

Our local has no over time for 6th day punch for pt.

We get it fortunately. Though being tuesday thru Saturday it’s a bit annoying that it applies to Saturday when we are only working 3.5 hours than the Monday which is the scheduled day off and more hours but eh better than nothing I guess.

MattM

They got us good the last two years. We're also Tuesday- Saturday. They took volunteers to work Sunday and Monday and said those days would be day 1&2 on our pay stubs, since it's the start of the pay period. But that is wrong. Your scheduled days are 1-5, with the sixth and 7th day punch happening from the prior five days worked. They got us working extra long hours Friday and Saturday ensuring us of sixth and 7th day pay. But in fact, it was our first two days of the pay period (two of the shorter days) that were premium pay.

Our Union guy now says we don't need consecutive punches for a sixth day pay. So we shall see

BeachBoy

I've been working 10 - 11 hour days since March, in my center, 6 days a week.
We are hiring like crazy, but the few that actually stick around are pretty much worthless.
I'm not double shifting since I'm technically just coming in early for preload, so, I end up with 25 regular hours and 35 - 40 OT hours for each week.
I'm looking at 45k this year for a part time job.
Bonuses would be nice, though.

Justaloader

I've been working 10 - 11 hour days since March, in my center, 6 days a week.
We are hiring like crazy, but the few that actually stick around are pretty much worthless.
I'm not double shifting since I'm technically just coming in early for preload, so, I end up with 25 regular hours and 35 - 40 OT hours for each week.
I'm looking at 45k this year for a part time job.
Bonuses would be nice, though.

I take it this is your only job? Pulling 50-60 hours a week - I can relate, but I do it via a full time job (7 am to 4pm) and then twilight (6pm to 10-11 pm). I'd love to be able to pull overtime, but it's not offered at my location (hoping that changes once peak starts).

MattM

@BeachBoy
Are you guys that busy? They get on us if we get 30 minutes of OT/ week. Couldn't they just hire two new guys to replace your OT hours, and cut you after 5?

This company doesn't make sense.

And how common is six working days? I almost want to call BS on all of what you said. No hub or other facility has ever done such a thing around my way. Theyd split the shifts so no one EVER gets a sixth punch.

We have a sunday-thursday shift. We have a Monday-friday, and a tuesday-saturday.

Except for two weeks during peak, no one has ever gotten to work six days. Take advantage I guess. Something's wrong with your building lol

@BeachBoy
Are you guys that busy? They get on us if we get 30 minutes of OT/ week. Couldn't they just hire two new guys to replace your OT hours, and cut you after 5?

And how common is six working days? I almost want to call BS on all of what you said. No hub or other facility has ever done such a thing around my way. Theyd split the shifts so no one EVER gets a sixth punch.

We have a sunday-thursday shift. We have a Monday-friday, and a tuesday-saturday.
Overtime is cheaper than the paid benefits

BeachBoy

@BeachBoy

Except for two weeks during peak, no one has ever gotten to work six days. Take advantage I guess. Something's wrong with your building lol

We ARE that busy. Volume has not appreciably decreased since last peak. It's a tight job market in a major metro area, and retention is abysmal.
If I had the inclination, I could put in another 20 a week without anyone questioning it. Peak is only 6 weeks away, we will be doing 7 day punches in my center.

BiggieBrown

I take it this is your only job? Pulling 50-60 hours a week - I can relate, but I do it via a full time job (7 am to 4pm) and then twilight (6pm to 10-11 pm). I'd love to be able to pull overtime, but it's not offered at my location (hoping that changes once peak starts).

Things are different on preload.
I've worked on both twilight and preload and overtime on twilight they treat as some kind of massive sin.
Our PT sup used to freak the :censored2: out if we were getting close and would tell us he could absolutely not allow overtime to happen.
On preload? They don't care about overtime at all.