Peak Volume Question

PeakSZN

Started at UPS as a preloader two weeks ago. I knew this week would be bad due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We've worked 8 hours each of the past two days. Tuesday was the most volume they said they've ever seen at my location.

Does it get better (lighter) as Christmas approaches or does it pretty much stay at this Black Friday/Cyber Monday level?

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Started at UPS as a preloader two weeks ago. I knew this week would be bad due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We've worked 8 hours each of the past two days. Tuesday was the most volume they said they've ever seen at my location.

Does it get better (lighter) as Christmas approaches or does it pretty much stay at this Black Friday/Cyber Monday level?

Seeing as how the hubs can't process all the volume coming through, the volume will likely plateau. If shipments start dropping, we probably won't see any change for at least a week until all the bottlenecked volume works through the system.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You ain’t seen nuthin yet

Indecisi0n

You worked 8 hours all in one day?! Damn that's crazy .

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Problem is it's not just 1 catalog from Sears Roebucks anymore. ;)

Don't forget Montgomery Ward and Spiegel.

Seriously, this guy started the same time as I did, and could use historical data, and come up with a better daily forecast than the dispatch system.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was in an auto parts store earlier today. A worker came in carrying a Yeti with the UPS emblem on it. We got to talking and the auto parts job was a second gig for him. He worked midnights in the hub I worked out of. He told me a lot of the PT'ers are getting 12 hours right now.

Justaloader

You need to fine tune your sarcasm meter as he was having fun at your expense.

As do you, as I was returning that sarcasm by being a wiseass. To go one step further, I'd stay out of conversations that don't concern you, especially when you getting involved just makes you look foolish. Best to be quiet and let people think you are a dimwit, versus talking and removing any doubt. Words to live by.

barnyard

KTM rider
The last several year, we have had a peak day right after Thanksgiving, it slows down a little and then ramps up to the real peak day, which has been even heavier than the right after Thanksgiving peak day.

Our peak day after Thanksgiving has typically been very close to the actual peak day from the year before. I am not sure of this year's numbers, but would say that we are seeing the same thing this year. We are choking on volume.