pee pee breaks

MSGTDEL

Hey, one driver at my hub told me that they have to send a message in the DIAD to the center if they stop to take a bathroom break or get a coke. Is this for real???

dragracer66

One of my guy's was suspended for 3 day's for "excessive" bathroom break's, and since the company couldn't explain to me what "excessive" was he was paid for a 3 day holiday courtsey of UPS!!!

T

trucker1946

Why is everyone so paranoid about getting a drink or relieving themselves,UPS is not the Gestopo,enjoy life and be merry:thumbup1:

BCFan

:wink: I for one always try and take a "sample " back to my management team ....i know how hard it can be for them to get out and take a lunch.....:thumbup1: BC

SmithBarney

I wonder if they want to know how many times I used a DR bag, when out on the most rural route I've run... Complete with Infonotice TP.

On second thought they probably don't want to know.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Heh, this a good thread. A few years ago, when I was still bidair, a driver's car was red tagged, and in the replacement car was a 20oz. bottle of another driver's urine sample. If that wasn't unpleasant enough, somehow the victim(driver) managed to get the bottled specimen to "explode", showering him in the warm, wet, golden goodness. The best part was, they wouldn't come and get him or at least bring him a set of clean browns. Nope, he wore that crap...err..pee around all day long. :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: The next day, he told all the other drivers about it!!:lol: :lol: If it were me, I would've taken it to the grave and had my wife bring me some clean duds. Ahh, UPS shenanigans:tongue_sm

Sammie

Sometimes, I just don't envy you guys your jobs. Having always worked in an office, there are restrooms around every corner....

But if you're not feeling well and you're miles away from anywhere, THAT has to be a real drag. Yes, I've heard
the stories, and they're not all pretty....

Once a sup drove Mr. UPS here all the way home one night. He had gotten a terrible stomach flu on his feeder route (journey, trip, hallucinatory experience..), and someone had to go out and get him. He felt really bad about getting sick in the sup's car...Yuck!

Cole

They don't provide a bathroom/facilities on the truck etc...and you have to go where you find a spot. If they harass you over it file a grievance and an ULB (Unfair Labor Practice) at the NLRB. There must be prior bargaining over that issue, and it is not addressed in the contract.

wornoutupser

I was written up years ago for taking too much time to drink water on my run. remember, I am in Florida and this was the middle of the summer.

Remember to drink fluids, just dont drink them on COMPANY time!!

Channahon

Every driver knows the cleanest restrooms on their routes. Be it a school, office building, mall, or public facility. Even the country drivers know where to use the restroom. When I would OJS a driver, they always advised where I should go to use the restroom.

UPS drivers are not the only ones on the road everyday.

Every UPS employee has a restroom nearby in their building.

So does UPS care when you use the restroom, no, do they care if you make a habit of using a restroom to get away from your job? Yes

Does UPS understand when employees get sick, yes and I can only speak for myself, I would send people home.
JMO - after 26 years in management