Pelosi Takes Gavel and DOW Drops Like a Rock

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But spouting retarded non-factual nonsense is what you do everyday on here. Dont try to make excuses.
And so do you and your Liberal ilk!
The difference between you and me is that you actually think what you post is the truth and sincere.

Or expressed another way ...
I would rather be a SmartButt than a Dumbbutt.

rod

Retired 22 years
Except I don't need any special recognition or laws passed for me!

Except maybe making Medical Marijuana legal!
Yeah, I could use that law.

We have that here--way out in the sticks of Mn. New Gov. elect has gone on record that he is for legal recreational weed also.

P

pickup

Pelosi takes the gavel and the Stock Markets goes into a dive.
The market hates Dims!
The Stock Market had been trending down ever since the Dims took back the House but when reality hit with Pelosi assuming speaker-ship, the market plunged downward.
The DOW Index dropped 660.02 or 2.83% on word that Pelosi is in charge of the House.

Thanks Nancy.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just a correction--it happens all the time. Look at the history of the stock market. Now's the time to buy.
If I wasn't in the market now, I would not jump back in.
I would dollar-cost-average back in over a 12 month period with a review each month before I put in more.

My portfolio is not getting hit as hard ... nor did it go up as much last year.
I got out of International over a year ago other than a 5% investment in a currency fund.
I got out of bonds about 1 1/2 ago and I'm still not convinced bonds are a good investment at this time.
Most of my portfolio is in Dividend stocks with a yield of 4% or more so I don't really get excited about ups and downs in the market ... I'm still 6 or so years before I start to draw down my market investments.
Selling one of my vacation homes this year and that will get me through the next 2-3 years.

rod

Retired 22 years
If I wasn't in the market now, I would not jump back in.
I would dollar-cost-average back in over a 12 month period with a review each month before I put in more.

My portfolio is not getting hit as hard ... nor did it go up as much last year.
I got out of International over a year ago other than a 5% investment in a currency fund.
I got out of bonds about 1 1/2 ago and I'm still not convinced bonds are a good investment at this time.
Most of my portfolio is in Dividend stocks with a yield of 4% or more so I don't really get excited about ups and downs in the market ... I'm still 6 or so years before I start to draw down my market investments.
Selling one of my vacation homes this year and that will get me through the next 2-3 years.

Good plan Mr. Rockefeller.

bacha29

Today's market driver and again it's just one day was the comments by Jay Powell saying that the Fed will be very patient when it comes to raising interest rates. It had nothing to do with whatsoever with what Chuck, Nancy or Donnie or anybody else for that matter had to say today.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Today's market driver and again it's just one day was the comments by Jay Powell saying that the Fed will be very patient when it comes to raising interest rates. It had nothing to do with whatsoever with what Chuck, Nancy or Donnie or anybody else for that matter had to say today.
What a maroon!
The market uptick was because of the jobs report.
The estimate was 177,000 and the actual was 312,000.