Pennsylvania Certifies

refineryworker05

Who has control of the House of representatives? Ya that's what I thought. Try again comrade.
This is where you could find out if democrats wanted to pass voting and election protections, they did. Democrats introduced bills to protect our elections and voting, this is when a competent president could have lead and said ok democrats you have these priories in protecting the election /voting and I have these priorities let’s match them up and compromise where we don’t agree and get a bill passed. Instead trymp did nothing and he failed.

refineryworker05

you realize state legislatures set their own voting rules? congress cant do anything they are impotent
The voting rights act existed for decades and the purpose of that law was indeed to change the voting laws in individual states. I have no idea what is this pretend thing going on, but it’s irrational. Congress can write bills to change the voting laws of states. They already did this with the voting rights act. Please stop embarrassing yourselves with this ignorance

vantexan

This is where you could find out if democrats wanted to pass voting and election protections, they did. Democrats introduced bills to protect our elections and voting, this is when a competent president could have lead and said ok democrats you have these priories in protecting the election /voting and I have these priorities let’s match them up and compromise where we don’t agree and get a bill passed. Instead trymp did nothing and he failed.
Up to Trump to sign a compromised bill put in front of him, not to pass legislation.

vantexan

The voting rights act existed for decades and the purpose of that law was indeed to change the voting laws in individual states. I have no idea what is this pretend thing going on, but it’s irrational. Congress can write bills to change the voting laws of states. They already did this with the voting rights act. Please stop embarrassing yourselves with this ignorance
Elections are held by individual states and state legislatures enact laws governing those elections. The Voting Rights Act did not change that. It pertained to individual rights concerning voting. The Federal government's authority over what a state does extends only to anything that would violate the U.S. Constitution. Beyond that the Federal government doesn't dictate how each state chooses to run it's elections.

refineryworker05

Elections are held by individual states and state legislatures enact laws governing those elections. The Voting Rights Act did not change that. It pertained to individual rights concerning voting. The Federal government's authority over what a state does extends only to anything that would violate the U.S. Constitution. Beyond that the Federal government doesn't dictate how each state chooses to run it's elections.
The bottom line is the voting rights act changed voting laws in those states directly. I have no idea why y’all are pretending that’s not what happened. The voting rights act required a pre clearance from the courts before they could pass certain voting laws. They absolutely had some control over their voting laws in those states. Please stop the foolishness

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I know Marxists like yourself do not know much about the constitution because you hate America, so let me educate you. The authority of how to appoint electors and to make election laws resides with the state legislatures. Changing that would require two thirds of the house of representatives and the Senate.

Pretty ridiculous of you to use the words Congress and Trump interchangeably.
That's one stupid mother friend* there ... I seriously doubt anyone could educate him!

refineryworker05

No they didn't, stop being so silly comrade.
Yeah they did. Schumer and democrats were pressing republicans and grump to pass legislation to secure the vote and the election. Like ther3 is no need to pretend these things didn’t happen. I am almost certain the house passed an election security bill that trumped and republicans failed to do anything with.
So like I have posted trump didn’t do anything to secure the vote and he failed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah they did. Schumer and democrats were pressing republicans and grump to pass legislation to secure the vote and the election. Like ther3 is no need to pretend these things didn’t happen.
No they didn't.
The majority of Americans don't think we have free and fair elections. Biden is illegitimate. Deal with it my communist friend.

vantexan

The bottom line is the voting rights act changed voting laws in those states directly. I have no idea why y’all are pretending that’s not what happened. The voting rights act required a pre clearance from the courts before they could pass certain voting laws. They absolutely had some control over their voting laws in those states. Please stop the foolishness
Only in what pertained to individual voting rights as prescribed by the Constitution.

vantexan

I don’t know what this means. But clearly presidents are involved in passing legislation. Or are we going to pretend that’s not true either? Smh
Presidents can present bills to be taken up by Congress(or not). But there are separation of powers. The President doesn't dictate what he wants and the Congress just rubber stamps it. The two houses reach a compromise on a bill then present it to the president to either sign into law or veto it. If it's a bill the president wants passed he can actively encourage its passing by getting things out into it that will get votes. Obamacare is a prime example of all kinds of language(pork, etc) inserted that would make this Congressman or that Senator happy in order to get their vote.

refineryworker05

No they didn't.
The majority of Americans don't think we have free and fair elections. Biden is illegitimate. Deal with it my communist friend.
This is all bizarre nonsense. Clearly the house passed voter protection legislation, and clearly democrats in the senate pressed trump and republicans to do anything to secure voting/elections, but trump did nothing and he failed.

refineryworker05

Only in what pertained to individual voting rights as prescribed by the Constitution.
Again, I don’t know what you are pretending. Individuals votes. So yeah the voting rights act protected individual voters against their state’s voting laws. This is all semantics. My point is more than proven that Congress can write and pass a voting rights and election protection bill that could have secured voting if trump believed it was going to be stolen from him. Instead trump did nothing and he failed.

refineryworker05

Presidents can present bills to be taken up by Congress(or not). But there are separation of powers. The President doesn't dictate what he wants and the Congress just rubber stamps it. The two houses reach a compromise on a bill then present it to the president to either sign into law or veto it. If it's a bill the president wants passed he can actively encourage its passing by getting things out into it that will get votes. Obamacare is a prime example of all kinds of language(pork, etc) inserted that would make this Congressman or that Senator happy in order to get their vote.
This is all nonsense. Like what is all this pretending about? Clearly presidents have been involved in crafting legislation. I have no idea what all these nonsense is about. I’m not saying trump can pass legislation on his on, I keep posting trump and Republican in Congress did nothing. But trump failed to lead, trump failed to negotiate with democrats or republicans in congress to get voting/election protection passed. Instead trump did nothing and he failed.

vantexan

This is all nonsense. Like what is all this pretending about? Clearly presidents have been involved in crafting legislation. I have no idea what all these nonsense is about. I’m not saying trump can pass legislation on his on, I keep posting trump and Republican in Congress did nothing. But trump failed to lead, trump failed to negotiate with democrats or republicans in congress to get voting/election protection passed. Instead trump did nothing and he failed.
Trump, again, is in the executive branch. There is a separation of powers. Did you not take civics in high school? And you keep talking as if the Federal government can micromanage the state elections. They can't per the Constitution. Any attempt to would be struck down by the third branch of government, the Judicial Branch.

refineryworker05

Trump, again, is in the executive branch. There is a separation of powers. Did you not take civics in high school? And you keep talking as if the Federal government can micromanage the state elections. They can't per the Constitution. Any attempt to would be struck down by the third branch of government, the Judicial Branch.
Damnit man it’s just all pretend in that post. Your pretend point, that the executive branch doesn’t actually have any involvement in passing legislation, they have separate powers you see, so the executive branch, IE the president has no involvement in passing bills, is bs. I really don’t get all of this phony pretend bs. But trump as the president as all other presidents has a big role in getting legislation through congress, but I guess Obama had nothing to with stimulus getting passed or anything to with getting the ACA through. I guess trump didn’t take credit for the tax cuts that he had no involvement with. Smh But if you want to pretend the president doesn’t because that means trump didn’t fail to pass election/voting protections be my guest. Pretend away and Carry on.

vantexan

Damnit man it’s just all pretend in that post. Your pretend point, that the executive branch doesn’t actually have any involvement in passing legislation, they have separate powers you see, so the executive branch, IE the president has no involvement in passing bills, is bs. I really don’t get all of this phony pretend bs. But trump as the president as all other presidents has a big role in getting legislation through congress, but I guess Obama had nothing to with stimulus getting passed or anything to with getting the ACA through. I guess trump didn’t take credit for the tax cuts that he had no involvement with. Smh But if you want to pretend the president doesn’t because that means trump didn’t fail to pass election/voting protections be my guest. Pretend away and Carry on.
Congress certainly works with the president to craft legislation they know he'll sign. But that's different than the president leading on how legislation gets passed. The President can't force anything and Congress would be very quick to tell him so. And again, the Federal government is limited by the Constitution on how States conduct their elections. You may have not noticed but States have their own chief executives and legislatures.