Pennsylvania Certifies

newfie

1607132841657.png

fishtm2001

Republican Rep Mike Kelly and his co-challengers petitioned the US Supreme Court this week to stop PA state officials from taking any more steps to finalize Biden’s win in advance of the Electoral College vote. On Dec. 3, Justice Samuel Alito ordered the state to respond by Dec. 9, one day after the safe harbor deadline — a scheduling decision that constitutional law scholars took as a sign that the court was not inclined to upend the state’s certification of Biden’s win.

That's nice.

refineryworker05

He made it secure from outside influence getting to the voting systems.
He did not ensure internal voting officials and volunteers ... those are the responsibilities of the States.
So he failed and did nothing. Congress can change election laws in states by passing legislation. All you are saying is trump failed to do anything.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Congress can change election laws in states by passing legislation. All you are saying is trump failed to do anything.
I know Marxists like yourself do not know much about the constitution because you hate America, so let me educate you. The authority of how to appoint electors and to make election laws resides with the state legislatures. Changing that would require two thirds of the house of representatives and the Senate.

Pretty ridiculous of you to use the words Congress and Trump interchangeably.

refineryworker05

I know Marxists like yourself do not know much about the constitution because you hate America, so let me educate you. The authority of how to appoint electors and to make election laws resides with the state legislatures. Changing that would require two thirds of the house of representatives and the Senate.

Lol Congress can pass election laws. I have no idea what you are pretending. There is a push to pass another civil rights voting act to replace the one gutted by the Supreme Court, but that act impacted state voting laws directly for decades. So yeah Congress could have passed legislation trump could hand signed that legislation to secure the vote, instead trumped failed and did nothing.

refineryworker05

Lol Congress can pass election laws. I have no idea what you are pretending. There is a push to pass another civil rights voting act to replace the one gutted by the Supreme Court, but that act impacted state voting laws directly for decades. So yeah Congress could have passed legislation trump could hand signed that legislation to secure the vote, instead trumped failed and did nothing.
That's because Marxists like yourself don't know anything about the constitution. Educate yourself and get back to me comrade.
again the voting rights act existed for decades. It directly impacted voting laws in states. I have no idea what you are pretending. Congress could have passed and trump could have signed laws securing the vote, but he did nothing and he failed once again.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

again the voting rights act existed for decades. It directly impacted voting laws in states. I have no idea what you are pretending. Congress could have passed and trump could have signed laws securing the vote, but he did nothing and he failed once again.
You posted that congress can change state election laws. Like most of what you say, that is incorrect.

refineryworker05

Read the constitution comrade.
Again the voting rights act existed for decades. That law directly changed voting laws in states. Congress has the power to do this. this means republicans in congress could have passed voting legislation and trump could have signed that legislation into law securing the vote. Instead he did nothing and failed.