Pension letter

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You think backs are high now? Wait til you get the same quality driver as the pre-loaders now. No pension I'm out. There's no reason to be here.
Do you honestly think there will be a fully funded pension waiting for you when it comes time to retire?

I'm not trying to be snarky, it's an honest question. I think anybody who is just starting out or 10 years deep has to plan Retirement without a pension. If it's there, wonderful, but if not, at least you planned. Too much uncertainty with them.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
ok,, GAME OVER. factor ups out of the delivery market if suddenly the majority of FT's lose the pension...Sell that stock board members

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
ok,, GAME OVER. factor ups out of the delivery market if suddenly the majority of FT's lose the pension...Sell that stock board members
Why? If anything the stock becomes more valuable. People are going to hold onto the stock since it's in their 401k, and the company will implement a match like they have for management. Going to help the stock and encourage insiders to buy it even more

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you honestly think there will be a fully funded pension waiting for you when it comes time to retire?

I'm not trying to be snarky, it's an honest question. I think anybody who is just starting out or 10 years deep has to plan Retirement without a pension. If it's there, wonderful, but if not, at least you planned. Too much uncertainty with them.
I am not naive enough to rely solely on a pension for retirement. Luckily my wife is a financial guru in many ways. That doesn't mean I will happily say "Oh this is the way the world works now", like everyone seems to be ok saying with our benefits slowly disappearing. This company is making RECORD profits. I want what is promised. It's part of our pay as far as I'm concerned. If it's not gonna be there, put it in my check and I will invest it.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Why? If anything the stock becomes more valuable. People are going to hold onto the stock since it's in their 401k, and the company will implement a match like they have for management. Going to help the stock and encourage insiders to buy it even more
wow, let me explain, if you piss off the workforce, and even you will admit, drivers dictate the profits, there will be no future for ups