Pension question

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We've recently been digging into this alot at our center with guys being laid off. Worries they won't meet this 1801 or 40 week requirement for a full credit.
So I started at the bottom. Asked our steward, didn't know exactly. Called the BA, he didn't know exactly. Contacted Pension Fund...had all the answers.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Down vote because when I click your answer it gives me a bad link.
Man, it's so weird. I'd say that website works about half the time. Works on Chrome more consistently than DuckDuckGo

My Benefits Benefit Center UPS. If you Google UPS Pension Calculator you can find it about 5 sites down.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Local 25- When I retired, went by the numbers of hours worked between 250 ( 1 month's credit ) to the max of 1800 ( 1 full year's credit ). There was a sliding scale used for the other possible hours worked = (x) month's of credit.
All I know is that just by working 35 hours a week, got me either a full year's or 11 month's credit.
And I was P/T inside and an air driver when there was work, I also worked Saturdays. Including Saturdays when I was on vacation, if I wasn't going away. The hours over time added up.
39 years in got me 33 1/2 years of pension credit.

Year one combo, helped.

Johney

I'm not familiar with the term BOG. I'm in central PA. Maybe I'm misinformed, if so I apologize.

Ah I see my mistake, I completed looked over that he was talking about part time employees.
BOG is term brought on by an unnamed member who always claimed to have it so good that others claimed he was in a “Bubble of Goodness” “hence” the BOG.
Some will see what I did there lol!

pkgdriver

BOG is term brought on by an unnamed member who always claimed to have it so good that others claimed he was in a “Bubble of Goodness” “hence” the BOG.
Some will see what I did there lol!
HENCE

D5E837CF-37C6-44B3-9328-1F6DD96878A7.jpeg

Red Headed Stranger

If you are a part-time union employee, your pension is probably through UPS (not the union). They now have a pension calculator for part-timers on upsers.com. When you get to the home page, under the search feature at the top of the page, type in "Retirement Benefits Calculator" and follow the instructions listed. It is very informative.