Pension Questions From Long Ago Employee

MikeJD

Hello, new here.

I last worked for UPS in May of 1989. I had 11 years of service as full time and perhaps 4 years as part time. Now I am trying to get my pension benefits. I have some questions. I call Central States and UPS/IBT i get some different answers.

I read that UPS split from Teamster pensions in 2007. Way after I left UPS. So where does my pension exist? Central States or UPS/IBT? I've received both answers calling Cental and UPS/IBT. My last call said UPS/IBT and that seemed legit.

Which fund is more healthy? I would assume UPS/IBT?

Am I eligible for any retiree medical benefits? I asked that question at UPS/IBT and they said I would find out when I got my retirement package. I want to know now! :)

Thanks all,

Mike

Ms.PacMan

Your full time pension credits are with Central States - positive, final answer. All of our pension credits up until 2007 stayed with Central States when the new ibt/ups pension was formed. You had to have one day of service in 2008 to get into the new pension.

Your part time pension is with UPS the company. I don't think there's a name for the pension other than the part time pension plan.

Healthcare- I think the answer is no because you have to work something like 3 out of the last 5 years or some ratio before you retire to qualify for retiree insurance.

Woodenhead

I concur with the previous post. For my own selfish reasons if you have any printed Central States Pension benefit literature pertaining to the period of 1989 I would be grateful to have it uploaded.I can be more specific if needed.