People SUCK!

Hedley_Lamarr

Two occasions today where I wonder what the hell people are thinking. I'm in an apartment complex looking for a package, I look up and theres a guy standing in my car looking over my shoulder. I look at him and say "can I help you with something??" He says "I'm waiting for a package, I'm 253D." I said "sir please wait outside, you are REALLY not supposed to be in my truck." He says "well why not??" I'm thinking to my self, I really want to say, because if you don't get the **** out I'm gonna kick 100% of your ***. But I was polite and just said "it's for insurance reasons." So I looked for a few minutes and couldn't find his package, so I said "sir I can't find it right now, but I'm going on lunch at the 711 next door, I'll do some more sorting, if I find it I'll come back." So he looks me in the eye and says "oh so you're not coming back that means." So I thought "If I find your stupid package, now I'm really not coming back, your new name is NI1." Thankfully I didn't have that miserable SOB's package, and didn't have to go back.
Another (incident) I was at yet another apartment complex, and had a signature required package, they were not in so I sheeted it NI1. I get a message on my DIAD asking if I can go back because they are home now, and an approx ETA. I replied I don't know if and when I can work my way back, but I will keep you posted. Then I get another message saying that the wife of this guy met me at the truck, identified herself, and I refused to give her the package. I replied in my board "that is a bald faced lie and you can tell them I said so." PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!

Rantmuse

Cog for the man
I bet the driver with the route adjacent to yours will be able to describe said wife on Monday. Until then, people do suck and cheers. :>

hen I get another message saying that the wife of this guy met me at the truck, identified herself, and I refused to give her the package. I replied in my board "that is a bald faced lie and you can tell them I said so." PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!

Hedley_Lamarr

I bet the driver with the route adjacent to yours will be able to describe said wife on Monday. Until then, people do suck and cheers. :>
Funny you should say that, when I called the center and said that nobody came up to me and asked me for any packages I was told by the lady in the center (who's dumb as a speed bump BTW) well maybe it was another UPS guy that she saw.

Ms.PacMan

I had a concern during peak that I drove by an apt. bldg without ever stopping and that her husband had to chase me down the street (which he did). I have an even/odd trace on that street and hadn't even been to their stop.

I should have told the husband, "you see we have this new computer system and it's the 4th time that I drive by your address that I actually stop and deliver". :lol:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I should have told the husband, "you see we have this new computer system and it's the 4th time that I drive by your address that I actually stop and deliver". :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nail on Head

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If somebody gets in the truck and I dont want them there, I ask them politely to leave. If they dont leave, I ask them politely again. If they still dont choose to leave then I will make them leave and it will be painful.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
People suck when they don't contain their nasty dogs!!!! Why is it I have had a rash of dog problems lately.
A few days ago, I hit a dog. Glad to report dog is fine.
Yesterday, dog attacks diad.
Today, lady says sorry dog is so barky. I tell lady, dog is aggressive at fence. (Loooooong history).

PEOPLE and NASTY DOGS SUCK

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get frustrated when the center manager gives me a hard time for multiple delivery attempts that I make during the day, going back to try and redeliver a send again, as a report is generated daily showing this activity (I am number 1 in the bldg by a wide margin); yet, he doesn't see any problem when the OMS sends us messages asking us to go back and reattempt a delivery.

I have had numerous requests to meet customers on the road and I always decline them as I have learned, over the years, that the customers are invariably late, change their mind, or for whatever reason leave you on the side of the road waiting for them to show up. I normally put my cell phone number on the info notice and then will reattempt after I have spoken to the consignee, which greatly reduces my send-agains. I will either go back to their address or will ask them to meet me at Dunkin Donuts during my break/lunch.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If they dont leave, I ask them politely again. If they still dont choose to leave then I will make them leave and it will be painful.

I think what I used to do was a bit better.

Ask them to leave.

Then if they dont leave, you pull out the cell phone and dial 911. Nothing like acting like you are talking to the police to change someones mind.

I actually called them one time on a guy that just didnt get the picture. Cop told the guy that if I wanted to press charges, I could have. Including criminal trespass.

IF the guy enters your package compartment after you have asked him to leave, all bets are off, and you have a right to defend yourself by any means.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I should have told the husband, "you see we have this new computer system and it's the 4th time that I drive by your address that I actually stop and deliver". :lol:

Nail on Head[/quote]
I pulled up to some ladies house that I had 2 call tags for. She proceeded to chew me out, and she was a nasty old lady. "I have seen you go by three times, Ive been waiting all day, My son is going ballistic, didnt you see me out here waving and a waving " blah, blah, blahIts 6pm, I got lots of work left, its Friday and she is p@#$%^g me off badly. I finally dug very deep inside myself, put my hand up, told her to quit yakking and point me in the way of the pkgs, or I am going to have to leave. Time is up. But then she started being all sweet, like old ladies usually are. And I couldnt take it. Too Late.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Two occasions today where I wonder what the hell people are thinking. I'm in an apartment complex looking for a package, I look up and theres a guy standing in my car looking over my shoulder. I look at him and say "can I help you with something??" He says "I'm waiting for a package, I'm 253D." I said "sir please wait outside, you are REALLY not supposed to be in my truck." He says "well why not??" I'm thinking to my self, I really want to say, because if you don't get the **** out I'm gonna kick 100% of your ***. But I was polite and just said "it's for insurance reasons." So I looked for a few minutes and couldn't find his package, so I said "sir I can't find it right now, but I'm going on lunch at the 711 next door, I'll do some more sorting, if I find it I'll come back." So he looks me in the eye and says "oh so you're not coming back that means." So I thought "If I find your stupid package, now I'm really not coming back, your new name is NI1." Thankfully I didn't have that miserable SOB's package, and didn't have to go back.
Another (incident) I was at yet another apartment complex, and had a signature required package, they were not in so I sheeted it NI1. I get a message on my DIAD asking if I can go back because they are home now, and an approx ETA. I replied I don't know if and when I can work my way back, but I will keep you posted. Then I get another message saying that the wife of this guy met me at the truck, identified herself, and I refused to give her the package. I replied in my board "that is a bald faced lie and you can tell them I said so." PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!

Kill em with kindness shrug it off and thank god that you are not like them. People like that are just worth you getting anoyed over.
For every 2 people like that there`s 200 nice people who hold doors open, offer us water,let us cut in front and respect the fact that we are hard workers and appreiciate what we do.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Kill em with kindness shrug it off and thank god that you are not like them. People like that are just worth you getting anoyed over.
For every 2 people like that there`s 200 nice people who hold doors open, offer us water,let us cut in front and respect the fact that we are hard workers and appreiciate what we do.
Things work a little differently in the big city.People expect us to hold the door for them while holding boxes or balancing a hand truck.Cut in line here and you may find a knife in your back.Respect us,appreciate us? Those folks are the minority not the majority.

Hedley_Lamarr

True, for the most part I like working with people. I always have a smile and a nice comment for them. In fact the stop just before this guy was a Famous Dave's restaurant, and the guy gave me a big free soda because it was hot out. I should have titled this thread SOME people suck...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Must be nicer in the UK.:happy2: