Pepsi ban

705red

Browncafe Steward
[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif][FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]

Subject: DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can

coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building , and the
Pledge of Allegiance on them.
However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,

"Under God."

Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't

want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!

So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended
when they don't receive our money that has the words

"In God We Trust" on it.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]Pepsi said they didnt want to offend anyone, well im offended that their rewriting the pledge of allegiance!​

W

westsideworma

political correctness strikes again, it shouldn't offend anyone, its THIS COUNTRY'S pledge of allegiance!! If that offends you then what the hell are you doing here?

"....but this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all." - TR

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
That's not gonna stop me from buying or drinking Pepsi. Pepsi > Coke anyways. Actually the original pledge didn't say "Under God" That was added in the 50's.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Maybe pepsi should change 1 of the sayings in the kiran and lets sit back and see what happens. This is an outrage that pepsi would do such a thing, and still operate on american soil. Whats next? Changing our american anthem?

I probably should have put this post in current affairs, i was not thinking when i posted.

W

westsideworma

Maybe pepsi should change 1 of the sayings in the kiran and lets sit back and see what happens. This is an outrage that pepsi would do such a thing, and still operate on american soil. Whats next? Changing our american anthem?

I probably should have put this post in current affairs, i was not thinking when i posted.

I just don't get this country's latest obsession with changing things that have been acceptable for years and years all of the sudden. Whether it not being able to display the manger scene in a public area (that was proposed in my town last year, it was struck down) around the holidays or the rumors in the past on removing the "in god we trust" as it supposedly doesn't belong on our money anymore.

What is wrong with this country? I'm not sure if its just the immigrant people (some attribute all this dumbing down of our country to that) who we don't want to offend, I think (and I know going to get heat for this because I am a democrat) the liberals in this area have gone WAY to far. Changing things for the sake a few that are offended by the word god is just insane. What about the 240 million who don't have a problem with it being there, hell I don't even notice the in god we trust on money, I know its there but I rarely read it

705red

Browncafe Steward
Sorry i wasnt aware that "oh really" was a link, i received several of theses emails over the weekend all from pretty credible friends of mine.