Performance Review

Feddy

Hello, does anybody can explain me the real purpose of the Performance Review (PR). At our station it is done every year and its obvious clear that managers give less points than a courier earns. Why is the question that we all have here. Many thanks...

55+

they still do them at my station but dont assign a number to it. I dont know why..its just extra work for my mgr

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Feddy,
Are you Express?
We haven't had them for a few years with the score and all.
We have a meeting once a year to talk about something, I just can't remember what it is we talk about starting 2 secs. after I leave my mgrs. office after this meeting.

SmithBarney

Looking at Feddy's previous posts, he is located in Europe.
Feddy, the way Express is operated in other countries varies.

In the past in the US the performance review was used to determine how little of a raise you would get.
Now in the US we have no review, and well our raises(at least this year) are gone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
you know, the raise we won't be getting in October

"Due to a declining Express market (waving hands), higher fuel prices, ( wringing hands), and a shift of customers to alternate modes (more waving hands and a big smile), there will be NO raises in October. I, however, will be getting a spanking new jet with ostrich leather interior and a spa (waving hands)".

Reattempt tomorrow

Don't forget the "times are tough in this economy, should be glad you work for such a friendly company that doesn't layoff employees. Be thankful you have a job." (Hands folded together)

MAKAVELI

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
No reason to believe that Ground isn't getting their annual review raises. It isn't Express, we don't believe that the sky is falling when somebody farts.
I guess you have a lot of faith in our fearless leader that he has no plans to take from his ground " employees" to increase profit to show the stockholders. Maybe you will get a raise. Just don't be surprised if in a couple weeks you get the speech on how your raise is being " deferred".