Personal day vs sick day

UPS MAN Dallas TX

What if I put a personal up for 2 days back to back. But I get the first one and not the second. So I call in on the originally planned second day. Could they say I was planning to call in sick? How would that go?

TopsyKrets

$41.51
What if I put a personal up for 2 days back to back. But I get the first one and not the second. So I call in on the originally planned second day. Could they say I was planning to call in sick? How would that go?

As far as I understand and have put into practice; your time off is your time. As long as you have time banked to back up your absence, you can call in for any reason in the world. I’ve gotten really good at calling my supervisor one hour before scheduled start time and saying “this is topsy, my employee id is 123456, I will not be into work today” and just as soon as I hear him starting to freak out on me CLICK.

All you gotta do.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You can. Just don’t say you are sick. “You won’t be in today” is all they need to know when you call in.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Had a buddy in feeders. He, myself, and a supervisor who was dating an hourly at the time, all 3 took our girlfriends on camping and water skiing vacation. I was on vacation, but the feeder driver wasn't and called in sick 5 days in a row. He had a good doctor who provided him with a written excuse. Its called beating the system. Sit around the campfire each nite drinking beer and having a good laugh.

vvv

When you put in for a personal day and you're denied and you call in sick....
That's a bunch of crap.

Except for when it falls on a weekend, I've called in sick every Christmas Eve for at least the last 15 years.

Premeditated.....call it what you want. Maybe I just hate Santa and get physically ill come the holidays thinking about the fat ol' bastard. :)

Hear a little crying n the usual pissing n moaning depending who's in charge at the time, but it passes soon after every year and life goes on.
My one manager was cool about 10 years back and use to ask me about a month in advance near turkey time "are gonna kcuf me this year again?"

Fun stuff.

To the OP I will tell you this, and it's what my union steward told me 30 or so years ago when I was a newer buck.
He said "XXXXX..... don't sweat the petty things.....but pet the sweaty things". :)

So what he basically told me and I'm telling you, who cares what they think. Call in and enjoy your life as best possible.