Pet peeves

RxSatellite

Not being able to find one of my packages for my very first NDA stop, only to find it buried in the 7000s along with 6 other 1000s I was missing. Sets a :censored2:ty tone for the rest of the route.

Or getting an ODP for the commercial stop I was at literally 15 minutes ago.

Both of those were today

old levi's

blank space
I am a loader so I guess depends on your position:

• The label being on the 6th side of the package after checking the other 5
  • Working Amazon return trailer and people ordering and then returning whole living room sets
  • Obscure small packages covered in tape that weigh 90lbs
  • Recycled printer cartridges exploding everywhere on a regular basis
  • People who think one piece of tape will hold 75lbs of stuff inside of a package
(Before anyone says it, yes I need a hug)

check side 6 first, you're welcome

clean hairy

Green light, pull over
"We just had an accident in the state next to us"
Great, should I drive over there to help or are you just trying to freak me out while I'm in the middle of a safe work day?
Pouring rain for the past hour.
Green light, pull over.
"We are forecast to get rain today, be sure to increase following distance"
Gee, as though no one could figure out what the water falling out of the sky could be, unless we were told in a diad message!

DeliveryMachine

Being put in an old diesel, with no fuel, no diesel pumps on lot, and no fuel card. Getting to the 1st stop, loading up the handtruck, get to the business door and find out they don’t open for 13 more minutes but you have their 12 packages on the cart already standing by the door. These are just a few I encountered today. The list could go on forever.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Thanks to the public drivers on road and DIAD conversations, I've lost my faith in mankind.
Today I got asked in 3 separate messages to go help the same person on a neighbouring loop.1 was from center manager. No problem, we were heavy af today and I had an 8 hour dispatch specifically so I could be FLEXIBLE help, I have enough experience now to have figured that out this morning. I can run resi routes on all but 2 loops in the center so they like to give me the gravy leftovers on days like today then go basically anywhere that needs relief.
Guy is in the middle of his 2 hour pickup route. Had about an hour to kill so I call the guy next to me on loop, driver b, and he says he's got 120 left and it's 430ish so I call to ask if I can take 15-20 off of him while I wait, they tell me no go help guy with his pickups. Call guy back and he very nicely says no they all carry specific instructions that he doesn't have time to explain and basically that he doesn't feel comfortable with me doing them. Tells me friend them just wait
So I wait. For 45 minutes. Cleaned the :censored2: out of the truck.
Split guy's work with him and clock out at 630. Text driver b as I'm leaving building, hes still got 70 left.
Neither are on 9.5 list
You can't make this stuff up.

Being put in an old diesel, with no fuel, no diesel pumps on lot, and no fuel card. Getting to the 1st stop, loading up the handtruck, get to the business door and find out they don’t open for 13 more minutes but you have their 12 packages on the cart already standing by the door. These are just a few I encountered today. The list could go on forever.
You didn't examine the front door situation before you started loading up a hand cart?
What's next, you gonna tell us that you carry over 70s to the 3rd floor of apartments before checking to see if they are home first?
Rookie

WTFm8

Not being able to find one of my packages for my very first NDA stop, only to find it buried in the 7000s along with 6 other 1000s I was missing. Sets a :censored2:ty tone for the rest of the route.

Or getting an ODP for the commercial stop I was at literally 15 minutes ago.

Both of those were today

If I can’t find something it’s usually at RDL or end of the 8k shelf... or just wrong shelf in general. Hahaha

Rack em

Made the Podium
If I can’t find something it’s usually at RDL or end of the 8k shelf... or just wrong shelf in general. Hahaha
Most of the time I'm looking for a package it got misloaded on someone else's truck, but I have found a pile of packages on the end of the 6000 or 8000 shelf multiple times. My :censored2: always forgets to check there first.

WTFm8

You didn't examine the front door situation before you started loading up a hand cart?
What's next, you gonna tell us that you carry over 70s to the 3rd floor of apartments before checking to see if they are home first?
Rookie

I checked if someone was home while the district manager and building manager were OJS ‘spying’ on me and the district guy told me ‘he’ pays me to take the package there then back to the truck if the customer isn’t home.

Meanwhile building/supervisors ride our ass about being over-allpwed.

WTFm8

Above all... no actual integrity in management.

________
#1 Lazy preloaders not writing HIN or resticking PAL. If I don’t see that number how the hell do they know where to put packages as they load... hint, they dont.

#2 Any house that has numbers only on 1 side of mailbox... or tiny ones on the mailbox door.

#3 Brass house numbers that are dull from weathering... mounted on a dark background.

#4 Idiots that put their last name on the mailbox instead of a house number.

#5 People that let their dog out/escape as you’re walking back to truck... and they say not to worry they’re friendly... meanwhile shoulder hair is standing and tail isn’t wagging.

34yearpackagehumper

Above all... no actual integrity in management.

________
#1 Lazy preloaders not writing HIN or resticking PAL. If I don’t see that number how the hell do they know where to put packages as they load... hint, they dont.

#2 Any house that has numbers only on 1 side of mailbox... or tiny ones on the mailbox door.

#3 Brass house numbers that are dull from weathering... mounted on a dark background.

#4 Idiots that put their last name on the mailbox instead of a house number.

#5 People that let their dog out/escape as you’re walking back to truck... and they say not to worry they’re friendly... meanwhile shoulder hair is standing and tail isn’t wagging.

34yearpackagehumper

Number 5 is a good one. They always say that "he's friendly" ! Yes he's friendly to them but he might tear you a new one. I got tricked like that in my earlier years. Turned my back and the "sausage dog " bit me twice before I could move. Homeowners response was "he's never done that before" . I learned my lesson that day. From that day own I never took my eyes off of a dog in someones yard. My motto was "If he has teeth he's capable".

Gotta watch for dyslexia; like if it's 4554 HIN then there's a chance it could be at shelf 5 with 5445 written on it. Happens all the time. Hell I know I was guilty of that every once in a while when I was on preload

WTFm8

Being forced to stare at the steering wheel of a UPS truck for an hour unpaid

Take break out of your truck? Drive off route for bathroom/lunch. Have to havw facilities available to clean your hands prior to eating... let alone pre and post bathroom use.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
having to find the hin
having to scan and look at dick to find missing hin
having to write the hin
having to load by hin
having a driver give me something and say "There's no hin on this package :'( "

I should say I do all this regularly but the old as dirt bid drivers had alpha charts hidden in the tote still, they were loaded FR, FL, RR, RL 1,2,3,4 without separating the lower and top shelves and it was simply the better way of doing things.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Pigs.
I don't want to clean your mess outta the tractor. Your twinkie wrappers on the floor. Your boot prints on the dash, windshield, passenger seat. Your rail sheets tucked in the visor. Your gps suction cup circles on the windshield. Your skull grease on the side window from naptime.