Petition for AC in cars

How many think the petition on AC will do anything?

• UPS will put AC in cars starting 2019

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • UPS will publicly start a campaign for Cool Solutions to be standard everyware.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • UPS will ignore media and talk about negotiating fairly

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Real Jack RyanMI6

While im very greatfull to the driver's wife bringing awareness to this issue i also work for UPS. I mean no disrespect but they just don't seem to care unless i have to bring my route in and go to the hospital

F

Frankie's Friend

None of the above selections will ever happen until a couple of our drivers either pass out at the wheel and hit someone head on (or have a similar graphic accident worthy of national media coverage) or die on route due to the heat like the two postal workers did this summer.

WorknLateHuh

a/c in the cab is useless, but a/c in the back where the unbearable heat is would make sense. You have to look for pkgs in10 second intervals because you will pass out back there with sweat pouring off of you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hmmm, been driving FT for almost 19 years in Georgia heat and humidity. I’ve yet to die, nor fall out.

That said, if it gets in triple digits I do use option days the day after if I’m tossed out for 14 hours. Not going to work two days in a row 14 hours in triple digit heat. I’ve only had to do it twice, so there’s that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
get over it, suck it up and do your job. crybabies.
Not crying, just using my option days for, well, my option of not showing up when I don’t want to, whether it’s because it’s hot or I’m just “not feeling it”

I haven’t taken a “dead day” in at least 5 years that I can recall.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Snowflakes can't handle the heat? Quit you pansies!

Waah, it's hot...waaah...
DReL.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
None of the above selections will ever happen until a couple of our drivers either pass out at the wheel and hit someone head on (or have a similar graphic accident worthy of national media coverage) or die on route due to the heat like the two postal workers did this summer.
We had a driver who was in the hospital a week this summer. Best part is when management picked him up they took him home not to the hospital.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How about a fan on the dashboard and a fan over the bulkhead inside the cargo area? Move some of that hot air around, and it would be just a little more tolerable.

F

Frankie's Friend

How about a fan on the dashboard and a fan over the bulkhead inside the cargo area? Move some of that hot air around, and it would be just a little more tolerable.
They install fans on our dash. We ask the mechanics and they install one.
Put a magnet on the bulkhead door sensor plate and you can leave both doors open in the country :rolleyes:.

Before Telematics I would open all over the doors and drive it fast as I could in reverse, to remove some of that thot air out of the cargo area.

Last edited: