Picture of inside stuffed truck?

outamyway

Hah! That's about 4 times what I do for my 10:30 air.

And that's your whole day?

What do you do with all that space on the floor:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't UPS have a policy about cameras in their facilities?
Yes they do, thats why some pictures will get deleted off this site. It is not a good idea to walk around on company property taking pictures. But once you leave the building, you are in the public eye. These load photos are kind of in a gray area to me. If you are on a public street and open any doors, then the inside of your truck is visible. JMHO , not BC official policy.

brownrodster

I've taken a couple pictures of absolutely horrible loads with my phone. I won't make them public. Basicaly the pictures were to show management if they tried to give me any grief for having a bad day or something.

partykid

What’s this sheet you get partykid? We only sometimes get a bulk sheet with most stops over 15 packages, we sometimes get it and it is sometimes accurate. Add/cut forecast would be nice, no need to load the stuff that you know will come off at the end of the day.
Mike Hawk, the sheets im talking about is what preload sups. print out every morning for our preloaders, they tell you what stops your getting as its loaded by pas, addy. street name, how many packages, how many stops, forecasted add/cuts, which i think its good cause i have a good preloader that loads correctly to these numbers an my truck looks fairly good considering the bulk, unlike these pics that could have been prevented....... but when u have a preloader that doesnt care its all POINTLESS talking about the preloader in those pics.... he or she SHOULD NOT be working for UPS

B

Bombed Load

Don't blame the preloader entirely. UPS has most of the blame for asking the impossible from their employees. We have preloaders that are asked to load 5 trucks and even one that does 6. Pay them close to nothing and this is the result. UPS causes and creates all their problems by short staffing every part of the operation. They pay me each day about 45 minutes in overtime to reload my truck. This is truly a company that is penny wise and pound-foolish.

partykid

What’s it called? I need a name so I can harass my supe till I get one.
Better yet Mike, i'll get some of these sheets im talking about and mail them to you that way you can go to your sup an say "hey we have pas this is what we need" this came from a pas center!!!! ALL centers that have pas CAN DO THIS!!

SmithBarney

Hah! That's about 4 times what I do for my 10:30 air.

And that's your whole day?

What do you do with all that space on the floor:wink2:

hehe, I do a dance, that was actually a little lighter than normal, I
usually have two bulks in the back and one in the front..
We don't hit the road till about 9:30 and that gives me about 1 hr to
do our 10:30 commits(13-18 of them)
Then I put it on cruise control for the day.
Usually done delivering at 1-2 then I take lunch.
and Pickup for the rest of the day till 4:30
Yes its easy, and my co workers hate that I call it cake work
cause really it is(I just got done at UPS a year ago)

bellesotico

BOXstar
What’s this sheet you get partykid? We only sometimes get a bulk sheet with most stops over 15 packages, we sometimes get it and it is sometimes accurate. Add/cut forecast would be nice, no need to load the stuff that you know will come off at the end of the day.

Mike- We have Pas at our center and I know what sheets you are talking about. We call them "forecasts". Personally I don't bother with them. They are pointless. What I ask for is a driver manifest. It has more sheets to it, but it will be about the most accurate you will get. What is nice about the manifest is it will give you a really good picture of how many packages are scheduled for each shelf. Can really help you make split decisions regarding whether or not to drop something to the floor or how snake your load. Regarding add/cuts..so many times those are last minute decisions..nothing you can do about it.

I have to say, I was looking at the pics of some of these loads..and wow. And alot of the comments. Cant say I blame the bad feelings...but not all preloaders have a bad attitude about their job..some of us do care..some of us really work our butts off for our drivers and we are damn good! :) It's important to me that they have a good day..that things go smoothly. Their safety is a priority to me..and if I can convenience them in anyway..I do my best :) It doesn't have to be us vs. them!
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I know that I've been on the same pull since I've started..and the one time they tried to move me, one of my drivers got very angry and vocal about it.
What can I say..I spoil my drivers.:happy2: