Pitbull attack..Mace..nope

bacha29

Wrong. You sue homeowners insurance and workers comp. workers comp case goes first, then if you win homeowners case, you have to repay comp settlement. I’ve seen your posts on brown cafe. You’re a know it all. This will be the last time I respond to you in this thread. You’re wrong. First you said they can’t sue the owners because they might not have liability on the dogs. Lolol. That statement makes no sense. You sue homeowners when you get bit by a dog. Doesn’t even matter if the dogbite happened on the persons property. They could be ten miles from home walking their dog in a park. You sue homeowners.
Then why do you bother to file a workman's comp claim if you are going directly to court? And what if the dog owner is a tenant not a homeowner and the landlord specified no pets? How else will the victims claim be paid? If the employees injury occurred while on the employers time it's a workman's comp claim at least initially. You're ASSUMING that the dog owner has insurance or other assets available for the victim to collect from.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There is no scenario, where if this driver sues, he doesn’t walk away with 7 figures. I don’t care who he worked for, express or ground. Somebody’s paying. Who says he can’t sue fedex if he works for ground? Of course he can. You don’t need liability on dogs. It’s homeowners insurance that gets sued. Easy 7 figures if he sues. The guy lost a hand.
He's not going to walk away 7 figures. If the dogs' owner has liability insurance (either homeowner's or renter's), it tops out at $250,000 or so. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less, but in that ballpark. That assumes that his policy doesn't have a clause that excludes that breed of dog, as some policies exclude "dangerous" breeds.

He'll easily get an award of 7 figures, but he probably won't see a dime more than whatever the insurance covers, assuming the owner has insurance.

bacha29

Wrong. You sue homeowners insurance and workers comp. workers comp case goes first, then if you win homeowners case, you have to repay comp settlement. I’ve seen your posts on brown cafe. You’re a know it all. This will be the last time I respond to you in this thread. You’re wrong. First you said they can’t sue the owners because they might not have liability on the dogs. Lolol. That statement makes no sense. You sue homeowners when you get bit by a dog. Doesn’t even matter if the dogbite happened on the persons property. They could be ten miles from home walking their dog in a park. You sue homeowners.
There are 3 things here you are simply assuming:
1. The dog owner has insurance and or assets you can collect from.
2. Even if you prevail there's nothing stopping the judge from reducing your award if he believes it to be excessive especially if the
defense attorney is granted his motion requiring you to disclose how much you got out of workman's comp..
3. Sure you can try to sue if you want. You can even hire one of those "no fee" personal injury lawyers... but.. if you lose...you pay the court
costs which can run into the thousands,

The intent is to make the victim whole.... Not necessarily disproportionately wealthy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Very sinister, indeed. (archaic)

4t6qzaaasd211.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
https://www.gofundme.com/friend/hel...ow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

If anyone is interested in helping this guy and his family, here’s the go fund me started by his brother.

Working4the1%

The lawsuit is FedEx would fire you if you had maced dogs....the consequences of no mace or proper training of how to handle aggressive dogs will be costly for fedex

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The lawsuit is FedEx would fire you if you had maced dogs....the consequences of no mace or proper training of how to handle aggressive dogs will be costly for fedex

It's a perfect example of why the courts were wrong in setting the precedent that employers can strip employees of their constitutionally protected right to defend themselves.