Planning less, working more, and harrassed daily by management!!

20 years of driving and I have never heard that before (sarcasm). Tough guy Managers have come,tough guy Managers have gone.

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
All my guys are keeping daily journals including stop counts, package counts, air stops, mileage, anything out of the usual, like 15 cases of paper to the 2nd floor, or 35 international asd forms etc. Document your first half of your day at lunch time and the 2nd half at the end of your day this way it will be fresh in your memory if you are disciplined.

This means absolutely nothing. I have taken 2 drivers to panel for production and they tried introducing that BS and they do not work here anymore. Every time I have gotten on car with a driver and I mean EVERY time, I have reduced the over allowed by 30 minutes or more. I have ridden every type of route you can name. The reason why, is that the driver is focused on WORKING and leaves or I make him/her leave the BS in the parking lot. I think the funniest thing about these rides is when the driver thinks he has told his customers do not help him when there is a second person on the car because it "might" be management. I let the customer know its okay to help because I already know they do it when I am not there, the customer laughs and proceed to help the driver. So a tip the drivers: if you run a 18.50 sporh with management on the car for 3 days you need to make sure you run that daily or be darn close.
Dragon there has only been one driver to my knowledge that has lost his job. He was terminated for production and the termination was upheld not over production but because of other reasons! Tell your lies to people that might believe them, but everyone here knows that if a sups lips are moving hes lieing!

Post has been corrected. When you think of something I haven`t heard let me know. I`ve held the door open so it wouldn`t hit guys tougher than you in the ass on their way out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
(shaking in my boots)

(shaking in my boots)

thats okay, you will run demonstrated SPORH.....

20 years of driving and I have never heard that before (sarcasm). Tough guy Managers have come,tough guy Managers have gone.

Try Manager - here to stay - using the union contract against you!!

Post has been corrected. When you think of something I haven`t heard let me know. I`ve held the door open so it wouldn`t hit guys tougher than you in the ass on their way out.

If you like, I could move these posts to a thread called "Mine is bigger than yours".
Just let me know. :funny:

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Tougher maybe - but it would be me holding the door for you.....cause I am a people person.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
[ Tell your lies to people that might believe them, but everyone here knows that if a sups lips are moving hes lieing![/QUOTE]

That probably explains why Chicago "almost" got the nod for the 2016 olympics. The windy city, more like full of hot air...:surprised:

705red

Browncafe Steward
[ Tell your lies to people that might believe them, but everyone here knows that if a sups lips are moving hes lieing!

That probably explains why Chicago "almost" got the nod for the 2016 olympics. The windy city, more like full of hot air...:surprised:[/QUOTE]
You can always pay us a visit to find out!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Been there several times - I gotta give it to you guys though - your clubs provide the best ever lunch time entertainment I have ever seen, I mean gone to....I mean....never mind I think you know what I mean. Some of them could definitely make the gymnastics team !!

[ Tell your lies to people that might believe them, but everyone here knows that if a sups lips are moving hes lieing!

That probably explains why Chicago "almost" got the nod for the 2016 olympics. The windy city, more like full of hot air...:surprised:[/QUOTE]

Swing and a miss.

Been there several times - I gotta give it to you guys though - your clubs provide the best ever lunch time entertainment I have ever seen, I mean gone to....I mean....never mind I think you know what I mean. Some of them could definitely make the gymnastics team !!

Some of those guys are pretty flexible.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Not to make too big deal of it, but the "Weingarten Right" can only be invoked when the employee has a reasonable belief that he may be interrogated in a fashion that could lead to disciplinary action; management's simply conveying information, or applying discipline (firing, for example), is not a concern of Weingarten...it's the questioning that could lead to discipline that matters.

With that in mind, one might be making a horrible mistake in assuming that "anything talked about cannot be used against you for discipline" because it simply isn't true. In many, many cases it CAN, at a later date, be "used against you for discipline".

you are correct, if an employee asks for a steward their must be a reasonable belief that discipline could come from the talks. If the company tells them after asking that it is not necesarry they in fact are saying there will be no discipline from this meeting!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
-just concentrate on doing the route and following the methods. YOU WILL NOT GET FIRED FOR THIS. MGMT can give out warning letters all they want, but they cannot fire you for doing the job properly. Grin and bear it, because this too shall pass.

Is posting stuff like this "following the methods"?