Please Consider

TheDudeAbides92

Winner

Many of us have been riding the MRA wave for far too long. It's good to create division. The union can't get out of its own way. My gripe is the way O'Brien cited tenured part-timers as a major issue in seeking public support. In the end, this group eats another turd sandwich. As you said, this problem has been festering and should have been addressed instead of used as a convenient talking point for the media.
Once you hit 5 years you’re vested in the pension that’s not a small thing

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
PTers are the same crowd that did not vote at all for the current contract thereby screwing the entire labor group into a contract will probably not vote again and end up with a great contract and screwing the people who will vote!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
PTers are the same crowd that did not vote at all for the current contract thereby screwing the entire labor group into a contract will probably not vote again and end up with a great contract and screwing the people who will vote!
The last contract was forced through, nobody voted for it

Mailboxbandit

There was a certain number of FT drivers that was forced to work 6 days a week for about a year and a half, when our building went ground 6days. None of those drivers were at top pay. And I understand a certain number of PT employees had to preload and sort, but not for 9 to 10 hours on a sat and miss out on family. So now someone that works here for 3 months gets 4.50 bump. We get a 2.75 bump still in progression. Just seems a little off

TIMN

I’m not speaking on behalf of either my local or the IBT. I’m absolutely not trying to sell anyone this or any other contract. That has never been the way I operate. I respect each persons right to vote as they see fit. I have been a member of several different negotiating committees across multiple industries over the years, many of which I served as the lead negotiator. In each of instances I felt it my responsibility to share with the bargaining unit the facts and rarely offered my opinion unless it was solicited. My intent is to encourage all union members, Teamsters or otherwise, to make fact based decisions rather than decisions based on emotion whether or not you like the people politically who negotiated a contract.

I also was hoping to dispel the myth anyone in the teamsters has ever “sold us out” in negotiations in my experience. Some have done a better job than others and it has been reflected in the contracts produced. I know Jim Hoffa, hall and Denis T actually cared about this union and our members although I did not always agree with them. I know Sean O’Brien cares about this union and our members although he and I disagree on various issues. I’ve had some relatively heated arguments with all of these men or their staffs over the years on an array of issues but have yet to able to say they did not believe their position was in the best interests of the membership and our union. I’m certain this contract will either not have addressed some issues I personally feel should be addressed or will contain language I disagree with. I’ve never seen a perfect contract including contracts in which I served as the lead negotiator. The perfect contract does not exist. I will not be able to give an opinion on this tentative agreement until I have read it in its entirety and will then only offer that opinion if it is solicited. What I will not do is make unfounded judgements and comments about brothers and sisters I’ve never met while remaining anonymous and hiding behind a keyboard. It’s our responsibility to critically examine the contracts our elected leaders produce and have serious, educated debate. Just voting YES because you are on someone’s bandwagon or voting NO because you consider yourself a rebel anarchist is foolish. Read the actual agreement, talk to your BA, stewards, your families and co-workers then cast an educated vote. Regardless of how you vote please vote and show the company we are an active, educated and engaged membership.

Thank you to the brother or sister for the well wishes in my upcoming retirement. It has been a tremendous honor to have worked with and represented some of the finest and hard working people a person could hope to know. Regardless of who is in the leadership roles of our union, please, trust them, support them and hold them accountable. That’s the only way this thing works and we have an obligation to the next generation. Again, however you choose to vote, VOTE and encourage others to return their ballots!