Please help me find my package - BRAINSTORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I sent out a rather large package on August 28. It was original movie outfits from the 1930s - recognizable ones (though because they have no autheticity papers with them, they would never be able to be sold third party for any real kind of value), the box was huge - a bright green Cat tower box that had double cardboard and was reinforced inside with cardboard, buble wrap, and styrofoam, everything separately wrapped - etc (not that the stuff was fragile, you could run it over and it would be fine)...anyway, it was going 2nd Day Air. It was also insured for $10,000 - which I was told should make have more scans?

It was scanned into the Orlando facility along with another box that was with it at exactly the same minute. My package was never heard from again. The other box, however, managed to make it to the destination, though it got there a day late. The reason it was late was that it was scanned out of Orlando a few hours after it got there (at like 3am), then scanned back in about 15 minutes later, (3:15am) then it didnt leave Orlando again until 9pm - about 18 hours later...

I am not getting anywhere with people trying to find my box, they have said that it isnt in overgoods right now, thats about it...Orlando is also a mess because of the hurricane so that is slowing down the investigation...
I dont think it was stolen, because a huge green box with old clothes in it is just not something that someone would steal...
So,
A few questions I have...
1. Is it possible to figure out why that other box was scanned in and then returned - does that happen often? Could this box have left then without getting scanned?
2. It had a hand written shipping document on it, not a computer printout, so I think that the document got unreadable, and that is why it wasn't delivered...do those usualy go straight to overgoods? How long does this usualy take? Could it have gotten delayed? Do things usually end up there - eventually?
3. Is it possible to offer a reward to the employees at that center to find it? It has to be there, it is big and green...it shouldnt be impossible to find...can I go there to the shipping hub in Orlando and put up signs to find it - missing - wil pay big reward - no questions asked - kind of posters?

Do you have any other ideas of what could have happened to it? Or what more I could do to get it back?
thank you.
Being insured for that much, I would say it is safe. I would bet it is in a trailer somewhere...

Future

Victory Ride
You guys can get an ass massage? That's great!
I had a brain storm ...to raise money (not United Way.....but a worthy organization) ....have a group of massage therapy students .....come into the building ...charge whatever ...proceeds too benefit organization ......they would make a killing

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
guys i don't know why you'd bring the hurricane into this, Aug 28 was a week and a half before the storm hit, the package was either there or long gone

OP don't use handwritten labels ever again, it probably ripped off and they had no idea who it went to, so off to overgoods it went

J92

I sent out a rather large package on August 28. It was original movie outfits from the 1930s - recognizable ones (though because they have no autheticity papers with them, they would never be able to be sold third party for any real kind of value), the box was huge - a bright green Cat tower box that had double cardboard and was reinforced inside with cardboard, buble wrap, and styrofoam, everything separately wrapped - etc (not that the stuff was fragile, you could run it over and it would be fine)...anyway, it was going 2nd Day Air. It was also insured for $10,000 - which I was told should make have more scans?

It was scanned into the Orlando facility along with another box that was with it at exactly the same minute. My package was never heard from again. The other box, however, managed to make it to the destination, though it got there a day late. The reason it was late was that it was scanned out of Orlando a few hours after it got there (at like 3am), then scanned back in about 15 minutes later, (3:15am) then it didnt leave Orlando again until 9pm - about 18 hours later...

I am not getting anywhere with people trying to find my box, they have said that it isnt in overgoods right now, thats about it...Orlando is also a mess because of the hurricane so that is slowing down the investigation...
I dont think it was stolen, because a huge green box with old clothes in it is just not something that someone would steal...
So,
1. Is it possible to figure out why that other box was scanned in and then returned - does that happen often? Could this box have left then without getting scanned?
2. It had a hand written shipping document on it, not a computer printout, so I think that the document got unreadable, and that is why it wasn't delivered...do those usualy go straight to overgoods? How long does this usualy take? Could it have gotten delayed? Do things usually end up there - eventually?
3. Is it possible to offer a reward to the employees at that center to find it? It has to be there, it is big and green...it shouldnt be impossible to find...can I go there to the shipping hub in Orlando and put up signs to find it - missing - wil pay big reward - no questions asked - kind of posters?

Do you have any other ideas of what could have happened to it? Or what more I could do to get it back?
thank you.

If it was insured over $5,000, it should have gone to high value. They should have logged the package and then sent it for processing before you scanned it in. I would check with OMS to track the package. They should have the HIN of the package car it was loaded into or trailer it was loaded to. If the package was returned, I can only assume that they didn't want it. For it to have such high value, but only contain old clothing that isn't sentimental, it could have been sent in for fraud. You could also check with lost and prevention. lol

Daf

Chances are that the label came off the package, or became soiled and unreadable. If that's the case it would be documented and sent to a overgood warehouse. File a claim and they will try match up with a report.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2511.GIF

Turdferguson

Just a turd

So,

thank you.

Without a tracking number nobody can tell you anything. It usually takes between 5 to 8 business days for things to be cataloged into overgoods. If you have filed a claim with UPS then just calm down ,and let them do their job. Believe it or not there are more than just your package in the UPS system. Going to Orlando will not do you any good. You won't be allowed to walk around and look for your package

Star B

White Lightening
nah, dude, they gave it to us, and just wanted to let you know, it just took off on flight 88 to Malaysia.

Must have been a Memphis error.

Status
Not open for further replies.