Please help me with a school project I want to be a UPS driver

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It's okay babe. I know you don't even hear it, but you're just echoing the 'common sense' of capital. If I have little love for the grind, I have even less for 'progress' that makes us peons redundant ... and therefore all the more dependent on table scraps.
If I called Monday morning and said I was done, I'd have another job by the end of the month. Meanwhile, "boss" would be royally friend*ed as he scrambles to find yet another qualified replacement that he hasn't been able to find for a retiree for over a year and a half and gets into an even deeper backlog of work and pisses off even more clients. Careful who you consider whose bitch.

Whither

Scofflaw
If I called Monday morning and said I was done, I'd have another job by the end of the month. Meanwhile, "boss" would be royally friend*ed as he scrambles to find yet another qualified replacement that he hasn't been able to find for a retiree for over a year and a half and gets into an even deeper backlog of work and pisses off even more clients. Careful who you consider whose bitch.
Thanks for the tip, your highness of D-baggery - a marvelous moniker, I must say! :wink-very:

sailfish

Thanks for the tip, your highness of D-baggery - a marvelous moniker, I must say! :wink-very:
I don't know why you're getting so personally offended in the first place by me saying feeder jobs are going to disappear. Like I have a personal hand in taking food out of your mouth.

Est.1998

So a new package car driver fills in all over, many different routes.

Here's the good part, you meet lots of hot chicks! Some really smokin'!

You will get action like your buddies can only imagine!!!
Do you have any stories to share?
I've yet to score with any hot chicks on the route.
Single, middle aged mothers? Possibly.

sailfish

Working on @Whither's replacement today. Almost in the final stage of testing.

20190311_100214.jpg

watdaflock?

I am a highschool student my name is William. When I graduate school I want to get my class A CDL and do this amazing job you guys do.

For my school project we have to figure out what are our dream jobs and the future prospects for that job and room for advancement etc...

My teacher has spoken to me directly and basically said that truckers are 100% going to be obsolete within the next few years due to companies like TU simple , waymo and embark.

This now has me extremely concerned about my future. I have nothing else that actually interest me I do not want to a be a programmer or push paper for 8 hours a day.

So as of now I'm 17 years old is my teacher and parents right or will I be able to actually retire from trucking without being displaced by technology?

I have been following the subject closely and the technology is crazy from what I understand they have level 4 self driving capabilities.
Awesome troll attempt.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I am a highschool student my name is William. When I graduate school I want to get my class A CDL and do this amazing job you guys do.

For my school project we have to figure out what are our dream jobs and the future prospects for that job and room for advancement etc...

My teacher has spoken to me directly and basically said that truckers are 100% going to be obsolete within the next few years due to companies like TU simple , waymo and embark.

This now has me extremely concerned about my future. I have nothing else that actually interest me I do not want to a be a programmer or push paper for 8 hours a day.

So as of now I'm 17 years old is my teacher and parents right or will I be able to actually retire from trucking without being displaced by technology?

I have been following the subject closely and the technology is crazy from what I understand they have level 4 self driving capabilities.
Aim higher, kid. And I don’t mean in steering.