please help

UPSGUY72

Not if I cover drive

Are your going to be a FT or a TCD cover driver. Either way there is a progression and as TCD your not guaranteed a route each day and when you work on the inside for your 3 1/2 guaranteed it's at your inside rate not your TCD rate.

In the end working ever day as a FT driver and going through the progression is going to make you more than work a couple of months as a TCD and the rest inside the building at a drastically lower rate.

rha

Are your going to be a FT or a TCD cover driver. Either way there is a progression and as TCD your not guaranteed a route each day and when you work on the inside for your 3 1/2 guaranteed it's at your inside rate not your TCD rate.

In the end working ever day as a FT driver and going through the progression is going to make you more than work a couple of months as a TCD and the rest inside the building at a drastically lower rate.

Most cover drivers work every day at $28hr an I still do alright in the building at $17.31. Ill keep signing the bid sheets for full time but my name is up for the cover driving class.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Most cover drivers work every day at $28hr an I still do alright in the building at $17.31. Ill keep signing the bid sheets for full time buty name is up for the cover driving class.

Good luck and keep plugging along, there are plenty of drivers who will take a day off so you should be able to get some hours.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I guess it is clearer but still not clear enough. I can't ever get straight answers it's like a secret society. I drive air already. So give it to me straight.

Air is like a reward...real easy low stress. Not a bad gig but not enough hours. Cover driver is almost as easy, some stress but not bad. Cover driver makes more money and usually can get more hours without the headaches of full time driving. If you're being offered an opportunity to cover drive, jump on it because that will give you area knowledge, route knowledge, and here's the secret...more $$$.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess it is clearer but still not clear enough. I can't ever get straight answers it's like a secret society. I drive air already. So give it to me straight.
Making it in package everyday is a whole nother beast compared to air. I'm not saying you can't do but be prepared to kick it up a notch. Or 10

Z

ZQXC

Making it in package everyday is a whole nother beast compared to air. I'm not saying you can't do but be prepared to kick it up a notch. Or 10

Anybody can run package; guy at my center is in his sixties, out there every day slinging parcels and wowing the ladies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Air is like a reward...real easy low stress. Not a bad gig but not enough hours. Cover driver is almost as easy, some stress but not bad. Cover driver makes more money and usually can get more hours without the headaches of full time driving. If you're being offered an opportunity to cover drive, jump on it because that will give you area knowledge, route knowledge, and here's the secret...more $$$.

I disagree that cover drivers do not have any of the headaches of full time driving. Depending on the route and the bid driver, the cover driver can really struggle when covering a bid route.

That being said, air driving will not pay the bills.

rha

I disagree that cover drivers do not have any of the headaches of full time driving. Depending on the route and the bid driver, the cover driver can really struggle when covering a bid route.

That being said, air driving will not pay the bills.
Air is not gonna cut it.