PM part time Courier

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How many hours does a pm route run and how much does your crappy insurance cost. One of my drivers starts there on Monday at 2:30 and I'm wondering how much better she's going to find it.
Sounds like your losing help left and right Scam. You know the old saying, if you want good eggs, you gotta feed that hen.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like your losing help left and right Scam. You know the old saying, if you want good eggs, you gotta feed that hen.

Sent using BrownCafe App
never heard that saying.

But if what TDHE says is true, she left for what Express management told her was a better deal. They wouldn't lie, would they?

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think PT is guaranteed something like 17.5 a week.
They
never heard that saying.

But if what TDHE says is true, she left for what Express management told her was a better deal. They wouldn't lie, would they?
Management probably quoted what top rate was and the prospects eyes went wild.
Problem is top rate and wage progression only exist in a fantasy land with unicorns and happy hands all over alter boy reload prospects.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think PT is guaranteed something like 17.5 a week.
They

Management probably quoted what top rate was and the prospects eyes went wild.
Problem is top rate and wage progression only exist in a fantasy land with unicorns and happy hands all over alter boy reload prospects.

I think Plan B needs to find a Plan C, as in exit strategy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nooooo. FedEx would NEVER lie. Perish the thought!

I hear new part-timers saying they'll be FT within a month, and topped-out in 5 years. With all of the turnover, the first is technically possible, but I just laugh at #2. Then I tell them the truth and their eyes roll back in their head and go 7-7-7.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
never heard that saying.

Lie? A FedEx manager lie? Oh c'mon your pulling my leg.
Never heard such a thing. :funny:

Seriously though, it would be up to her (your former employee) if it's a better deal.

planb0823

lol im reading this while im completely drunk lol.... its funny but in a serious note my friend is a courier and got full time with in 6 months he told me he was kissing ass and was hauling ass no matter how fast he finished.,,,, im a try to do the same things and see how i end up in a few months im a create a log and write in it every day so i could give newbies an easy start and take notes maybe itll help them while they start so they could go in it and know what to expect.... im a try this for a year if nothing good or if i hate it im a go to ups =)

!Retired!

Part timers, whether AM or PM are guaranteed 17.5 hours. How many hours they ACTUALLY work can be up to them. We have PT PM couriers at my station working 60-70 hours/week (some in 5 days, some in 6 days). We are short handed due to injuries.

hypo hanna

lol im reading this while im completely drunk lol.... its funny but in a serious note my friend is a courier and got full time with in 6 months he told me he was kissing ass and was hauling ass no matter how fast he finished.,,,, im a try to do the same things and see how i end up in a few months .........)
They love guys like this! Butt kissers that stroke their shattered egos. (Shattered egos for believing the ops manager position was an advancement). Guys they take big risk hauling butt to reach unattainable goals and boost the workgroups numbers.
Just remember this, you screw up with a bad accident, tic off the wrong customer or otherwise not be at their beck and call and you become their target. There is no loyalty to loyal employees at fedex.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
lol im reading this while im completely drunk lol.... its funny but in a serious note my friend is a courier and got full time with in 6 months he told me he was kissing ass and was hauling ass no matter how fast he finished.,,,, im a try to do the same things and see how i end up in a few months im a create a log and write in it every day so i could give newbies an easy start and take notes maybe itll help them while they start so they could go in it and know what to expect.... im a try this for a year if nothing good or if i hate it im a go to ups =)
im a never woulda known you was completely drunk