Police chase ends when suspect wrecks into UPS truck.

clean hairy

Did not use the safe driving methods.
Keep you eyes moving, leave yourself an out, communicate with lights horn and signals. Take the path of least resistance.
Warning letter for failing to utilize the above?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This happened to me a month ago (in my personal vehicle). Guy was running from cops because he had drugs in his car. He ran a red light and totaled my car, then he took off running. Piece of crap.

542thruNthru

Where the FUDGE is "Piqua?
google-it-just-google-it.gif

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
This happened to a driver in my center years back. CHP was in high speed chase and traffic ahead was stopped. Our driver was at the very tail end of the traffic, and the guy fleeing was insanely going to try to split lanes, didn't have the room, and plowed into the package car. Tipped it over on it's drivers side and he had the door open. This was one of the old 800's with just a lap belt and thankfully he had it on, but one of his legs ended up getting pinned between the package car and the road. Needless to say, he was out for quite some time, but thankfully made a full recovery. When I think back about driving with the door open with just a lap belt, it was kind of crazy, but I did it daily for more than a decade before the shoulder belts showed up. Probably not a whole lot safer with the shoulder belt either. But it was too damn hot to leave that door closed.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This happened to a driver in my center years back. CHP was in high speed chase and traffic ahead was stopped. Our driver was at the very tail end of the traffic, and the guy fleeing was insanely going to try to split lanes, didn't have the room, and plowed into the package car. Tipped it over on it's drivers side and he had the door open. This was one of the old 800's with just a lap belt and thankfully he had it on, but one of his legs ended up getting pinned between the package car and the road. Needless to say, he was out for quite some time, but thankfully made a full recovery. When I think back about driving with the door open with just a lap belt, it was kind of crazy, but I did it daily for more than a decade before the shoulder belts showed up. Probably not a whole lot safer with the shoulder belt either. But it was too damn hot to leave that door closed.
Did it all the time on the highway in summer. I did think about it, but it was too hot. Plus the seats were iffy too. Some of the old trucks you could go out with the seat. Lol

Last edited:

Manifesto

They said at pcm this morning that the driver was obviously shook up but not seriously hurt. Did have to remain in the package car for awhile till he could be cut out.