Police reform

Box Ox

The first ball drops

"makes it easier to decertify officers by eliminating signed affidavit of complaint"

That doesn't sound good.

I dunno how police in anti-police areas and states do the job every day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"makes it easier to decertify officers by eliminating signed affidavit of complaint"

That doesn't sound good.

I dunno how police in anti-police areas and states do the job every day.
Basically the goal is to hold police to the same standards as citizens. Or so they say.

The problem is citizens aren’t performing the job of police officers. Do they go too far sometimes? Sure but treating them exactly the same goes too far also. It ignores the realities of the job.

Indecisi0n

Basically the goal is to hold police to the same standards as citizens. Or so they say.

The problem is citizens aren’t performing the job of police officers. Do they go too far sometimes? Sure but treating them exactly the same goes too far also. It ignores the realities of the job.
Cops already do too much. They are turning into social workers and psychologist. Soon your going to have qualified people who don’t even want to take the job anymore and be left with really poor officers.

Brownslave688

Cops already do too much. They are turning into social workers and psychologist. Soon your going to have qualified people who don’t even want to take the job anymore and be left with really poor officers.
That’s exactly what will Happen and they’ll cry even more then about how bad cops are. Not taking responsibility at all for creating the situation.

oldngray

nowhere special
New York Attorney General Letitia James is suing the New York City Police Department and its leadership for what she considers "illegal and harmful conduct" during the protests this summer related to the death of George Floyd.

Patrick Lynch, president of New York City's Police Benevolent Association, said what the city witnessed in the June 2020 protests was "a failure of New York City's leadership."

"They (city leadership) sent cops out to police unprecedented protests and violent riots with no plan, no strategy and no support," he said, according to CNN. "They should be forced to answer for the resulting chaos, instead of pointing fingers at cops on the streets and ignoring the criminals who attacked us with bricks and firebombs."

refineryworker05

Indecisi0n

New York Attorney General Letitia James is suing the New York City Police Department and its leadership for what she considers "illegal and harmful conduct" during the protests this summer related to the death of George Floyd.

Patrick Lynch, president of New York City's Police Benevolent Association, said what the city witnessed in the June 2020 protests was "a failure of New York City's leadership."

"They (city leadership) sent cops out to police unprecedented protests and violent riots with no plan, no strategy and no support," he said, according to CNN. "They should be forced to answer for the resulting chaos, instead of pointing fingers at cops on the streets and ignoring the criminals who attacked us with bricks and firebombs."

I’ll tell you what lawsuit I found very interesting. I think it was in CA where tax payers were suing the city for when police were told to stand-down as rioters broke into and burned businesses down. They said their tax dollars pay for a service that they were no provided. I have to agree with that one.

Brownslave688

I’ll tell you what lawsuit I found very interesting. I think it was in CA where tax payers were suing the city for when police were told to stand-down as rioters broke into and burned businesses down. They said their tax dollars pay for a service that they were no provided. I have to agree with that one.
This is exactly what will happen now. These states and towns are going to be sued into a oblivion for not protecting their residents.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A democratically elected legislature writing and enacting a bill to curb police violence. What’s the conspiracy?
The conspiracy theory is that there's a secret system of racists keeping the black man down. Democrats push lies about police being a part of that racist system and that there's a widespread problem of violence against innocent blacks.

I agree with you it's pretty stupid.

refineryworker05

The conspiracy theory is that there's a secret system of racists keeping the black man down. Democrats push lies about police being a part of that racist system and that there's a widespread problem of violence against innocent blacks.

I agree with you it's pretty stupid.
Who says keeping the black man down? Yes some democrats do think systemic racism against black Americans in housing, education, the criminal justice system, the job market etc is a huge problem that should be addressed, but they don’t just make assertions about these issues, they research racial disparities, they issue studies to show racial discrimination, you know they try to measure anti-black racism as precisely as possible in many areas and then they propose legislation to address those issues.
The people who say there is no systemic racism against black Americans don’t measure anything, don’t do any studies, and usually just make broad assertions about American society based on their beliefs about what’s collectively wrong within the black race.

refineryworker05

Idiot Democrats who push the myth of systemic racism by looking at everything through the lens of race. It's typical delusional fantasyland stuff that Democrats are known for.
So you are just making up imaginary democrats. There are democrats who make arguments that systemic racism exists, but you don’t want address their actual arguments.