Police State

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i wonder how militarized the cops were during hte french protests of the last year or more?
Very ... France has gendarmes with Uzis and other military weapons that pile out of vans and go wandering around the cities.
I was in Nance for a month and the first time this happened I was scared turdless.
By the time I left I didn't even pay any attention to them.

rickyb

Very ... France has gendarmes with Uzis and other military weapons that pile out of vans and go wandering around the cities.
I was in Nance for a month and the first time this happened I was scared turdless.
By the time I left I didn't even pay any attention to them.
next time please find a french woman and tell them a good looking canadian commie wants to immigrate

Serf

the american revolution was against the king and his police state.

but we never truly got rid of that system of kings and rulers. in the last few decades increasingly the president acts like a king, and corporations have always resembled that similar social structure. and so we have another police state.
You’re not that far off. However, as presently constructed; no Modern political solution exists for the USA.

rickyb

trump and DOD not on the same page:
upload_2020-6-3_11-24-22.png

rickyb

The FBI has never been in the past or now a tool of Trump. They are corrupt to the core and were the mainstay behind the fake Russian nonsense. They answer to the Democrat elite only.
FBI have a history of being hte political police. including assassinating civil rights leaders, sending a letter to MLK to commit suicide, etc. and im sure they interferred with the 2016 election.

Serf

non violent revolution. the system is likely beyond reform
In the post 9/11 world the nation should have gotten immigration reform, instead it got the patriot act/police state expansion. And war forever.
If Northern Cali, Texas, Upstate NY-NYC could serve as models as to how those regions could have peaceful separation or form new states, I think it could serve as an early model of what needs to be done nation wide.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The FBI has never been in the past or now a tool of Trump.
They are corrupt to the core and were the mainstay behind the fake Russian nonsense.
They answer to the Democrat elite only.
They see themselves as part of the Democrat Elite so they act on their beliefs.
As for the first two sentences ... I agree!

rickyb

In the post 9/11 world the nation should have gotten immigration reform, instead it got the patriot act/police state expansion. And war forever.
If Northern Cali, Texas, Upstate NY-NYC could serve as models as to how those regions could have peaceful separation or form new states, I think it could serve as an early model of what needs to be done nation wide.
some of the immigration from latin america is because US interference has made those countries worse to live in.

the easy way to stop terrorism is to stop practicing it, so the govt comes to mind.

i dont think the state nor the people learned anything from 9/11. the govt probably increased terrorism post 9/11, and used it as an excuse like govts all around the world did to take away rights.