Political Correctness

moreluck

golden ticket member
I believe it was Seattle that was being mentioned where the police can no longer refer to the crime committer as a suspect.......that person is to be referred to as a 'community member'. This goes too far!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hawaii-Themed Restaurant Forced to Close After Accusations of Cultural Appropriation

A Hawaii-themed restaurant owner in Oregon was forced to close down following accusations of cultural appropriation.

Cloud Davidson opened The Hapuna Kahuna Tiki Bar & Kitchen on June 22. He was forced to shut it down just weeks later.

As well as the complaints about the decorations, some grumbled that the venue didn’t sell authentic Hawaiian food.

A local forum on social media, however, was conflicted about the closing. Some questioned whether it was appropriate for cooks who aren’t from a certain culture to make that culture’s food.

Others debated the origins of Tiki culture, claiming it’s merely a mix of tropical influences, including some Asian and Western countries, and can’t be described as “culture”.

I'm Scottish and I want McDonalds to sell only cultural food , what say you Portland ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hawaii-Themed Restaurant Forced to Close After Accusations of Cultural Appropriation

A Hawaii-themed restaurant owner in Oregon was forced to close down following accusations of cultural appropriation.

Cloud Davidson opened The Hapuna Kahuna Tiki Bar & Kitchen on June 22. He was forced to shut it down just weeks later.

As well as the complaints about the decorations, some grumbled that the venue didn’t sell authentic Hawaiian food.

A local forum on social media, however, was conflicted about the closing. Some questioned whether it was appropriate for cooks who aren’t from a certain culture to make that culture’s food.

Others debated the origins of Tiki culture, claiming it’s merely a mix of tropical influences, including some Asian and Western countries, and can’t be described as “culture”.

I'm Scottish and I want McDonalds to sell only cultural food , what say you Portland ?
If they didn't provide Aloha Shoyu, they should be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newfie

"I'll show you! I'll let you make money off me!"

Ok...

I'd mock them even more.

its so strange. I thought protestors were supposed to follow the liberal example and cover their faces and destroy property. This peaceful , respectful protest thing is so confusing.

bbsam

Staff member
its so strange. I thought protestors were supposed to follow the liberal example and cover their faces and destroy property. This peaceful , respectful protest thing is so confusing.
Peaceful protest? Stop being such a squeamish little kitty cat.

vantexan

Haggis burgers?