Poll: Nuke the Suze?

susiedriver

tieguy said:
Suzie,

I think the correct response should be that the poll shows you have shown poor taste. :biggrin:

I think its a good topic. I'm dissapointed I only get one vote.:biggrin: Personally I think you should take a hiatus, join the army , serve two tours in Iraq and earn the right to badmouth your country.
Thanks for the advice, big fella. I'm too old to join, did a stint in the Peace Corps back in the day, so I have served. Why don't you take your own advice, I'm sure they could use an astute military mind like yours to help train the 'New Iraqi Army'.

By the way, I have never 'badmouthed' my country. I am full aware that the normal tactic is to call someone 'traitor' when you can not come up with a truthful, logical response to a well reasoned argument.

Who was it that said "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism'?

ok2bclever

I Re Member
"I'm disappointed I only get one vote", yeah I pegged you as a ballot stuffer. :laugh:

I know what you are saying my2cents as I also have been thinking about why I am wasting my time reading some of the tripe on this board, especially as I have been part of the problem what with not being able to stomach tie and saying as much.

You and wkmac are my two favorite reads, so I guess I will have more time for the wife and family now.:bored:

mr_roboto

I feel GOOD!
tieguy said:
Personally I think you should take a hiatus, join the army , serve two tours in Iraq and earn the right to badmouth your country.

Personally tieguy, I think you should get your ###### over there yourself since you feel so strongly about this unjust war.

Unfortunately we have way to many "Arm Chair Warriors" expressing their collective opinion at the voting booth, instead of on the battlefields....

You remind me of a story last year about interview done with college kids in the Republican party. They were 100% pro-war and support the troops, but when asked why they didn't sign up to go fight, the response was 'oh, I can do much more for the war effort back here'.

And the excuses went downhill from there.

roboto

mr_roboto

I feel GOOD!
tieguy said:
interesting an organized effort by the misaligned. 82nd medic Roboto. How bout you?

How bout me what?

Interesting sig you have there tieguy. You are neither a leader nor even a low life sniper. You are a common day chickenhawk as are those politicians you support who send other peoples families to do their fighting for them as they line their pockets with contributions from war machine profits.

I'd fight you but never ever for you.

roboto

my2cents

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. That awful Christmas thread just set me off. The proverbial last straw. When I clicked on the thread, I expected to read something upbeat. I was sadly mistaken. Anyway, lesson learned. I'll have to tread even more carefully on this board now because chances are if you don't, you'll step into something undesirable.

Thanks Cheryl for setting up the e-cards for Christmas. I just sent one to a friend of mine. Nice touch. Much appreciated.

tieguy

Banned
Here Roboto and all you who wish to hide from the reasons we are in Iraq revisit this information:

History Channel Records the Brutality of a Regime
[FONT=arial,helvetica]NewsMax.com[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Monday, July 7, 2003[/FONT]​
When the History Channel producers decided to run with the brutal images and terrifying stories of The Horrors of Hussein, Saddam Hussein: The Butcher of Baghdad, and The Sons of Saddam, all currently showing, their mission was inspired and defined: Almost daily, new stories of oppression are revealed about the atrocities of Saddam Husseins regime. Yet this information is often fragmented and overlooked in a flurry of constant breaking news.

The History Channel fulfills its mission in an eye-widening series that details the full extent of the heinous crimes committed during Saddams rule. Featured in Horrors are interviews with Abdul Rasul al-Hayder, an Iraqi who was tortured repeatedly for 6 months while imprisoned for complaining about the food in the Baghdad University Student Union. Also on screen is Hazim Oraha, who was arrested and relentlessly tortured for exhibiting art in his gallery the regime deemed threatening. His gallery, assets and home were seized.
Horrors also ferrets out the things that forged Saddams aberrant character. He was a fan of Adolf Hitler and of Joseph Stalin. He read Joseph Stalins works and patterned much of his regime on Stalinist Soviet Union. Every aspect of his upbringing relentlessly contributed to the makeup of a person who was and perhaps still is incapable of feeling anyones pain beginning with a mother that tried to murder him while still in the womb, turning away from him forever after his dreaded birth.
One of the most starling segments is the showing of a rare piece of film where Saddam calls the roll of his cabinet and asks an informer sharing the stage with him which members were conspiring against him. As they are identified, thugs drag them from the room. At the end of the most horrible parliamentary session imaginable, Saddam calmly tells the relieved remaining members that they will have the honor of personally acting as the firing squad for the executions to be carried out the next morning.

Along the way the mesmerized viewer is introduced to acid-drip machines in torture chambers, the mass public hangings of Jews Saddam claimed were spies, and grisly anecdotes of torture to induce false confessions -- with husbands forced to watch the raping of their wives, parents the gouging out of their childrens eyes, or the horrific image of a baby flung into a wall to shatter its skull.

More Horrors

After surviving an hour of Husseins horrors, the viewer this past Sunday evening was given the coup-de-grace with a second hour featuring the equally brutal sons of the deposed dictator.
The brothers, Odai and Qusay were partial to having prisoners forced to drink gasoline and then shot with incendiary bullets that ignited their bodies. Others were stripped naked, smeared with honey and tossed to starving dogs.
Odai when he was head of the Iraq National Olympic Committee used torture of the countrys athletes as a motivational technique.
The deranged behavior by the Husseins was extended not only to enemies of the regime but against family members and friends as well. The stories of Odais rage include spraying bullets into a Baghdad motorist who was guilty in his opinion of driving too slowly. Its believed that Odai was the driving force behind the murders of his in-laws - Saddam Kamel Hassan, who was married to Odais sister, Rana, and Hussein Kamel Hassan, who married Odais eldest sister, Raghad.
According to the History Channel, Saddam committed his first murder at the tender age 10. His sons earliest memories are of visits with their father to various bloody torture chambers often painted red -- walls, ceilings and floors. In their adult years the brothers emulated their father by using stand-ins and doubles whose features were altered by plastic surgery. The images ding at the viewer until the awful reality settles in: Saddam Husseins worst weapon of mass destruction was himself.

tieguy

Banned
And this paragraph requires a post all by itself:

Along the way the mesmerized viewer is introduced to acid-drip machines in torture chambers, the mass public hangings of Jews Saddam claimed were spies, and grisly anecdotes of torture to induce false confessions -- with husbands forced to watch the raping of their wives, parents the gouging out of their childrens eyes, or the horrific image of a baby flung into a wall to shatter its skull.

over9five

Staff member
Thank God we have a President with the guts to go in and do whats needed. There's no other country in the world that can do this.

tieguy

Banned
Roboto read and reread the excerpts above . Then think about the freedom you have here in this country that allows you to live off the service of those who have served their country and allows you the opportunity to badmouth your country while Iraqi's were tortured for the same. Suzie is {deleted by moderator for flaming}

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Seems like I remember some of the Olympians being tortured for months so that they were cripples for the rest of their lives, or to death because Saddam or his sons did not think they did well enough.

But really, did they need a reason? If you are driving down main street and see someone you want (to have sex with, draw and quarter, add to your harem, etc etc including children) you need to be taken out. That type of behavior is unacceptable no matter where it is.

d

mr_roboto

I feel GOOD!
dannyboy said:
Seems like I remember some of the Olympians being tortured for months so that they were cripples for the rest of their lives, or to death because Saddam or his sons did not think they did well enough.

But really, did they need a reason? If you are driving down main street and see someone you want (to have sex with, draw and quarter, add to your harem, etc etc including children) you need to be taken out. That type of behavior is unacceptable no matter where it is.

d

same thing goes on in Saudia Arabia...are they next?

mr_roboto

I feel GOOD!
tieguy said:
Roboto read and reread the excerpts above . Then think about the freedom you have here in this country that allows you to live off the service of those who have served their country and allows you the opportunity to badmouth your country while Iraqi's were tortured for the same. Suzie is too dang stupid too understand this concept. Perhaps your a little brighter than her?

tieguy...every time somebody disagrees with you you accuse them of badmouthing this country. You are not this country and I'm not alone in my beliefs.

I'm not the one here that is dense. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this forum and I'm not going to go into my personal military history.

The truth is out there and anybody that wants to find it can start by googling "911 coverup" and "false flag" and "bush crime family" and go from there to discover for themselves how deep goes the rabbit hole

roboto

susiedriver

Is this news, that Saddam Hussein and his sons were murderous thugs? I think most everyone is well aware that the regime was one of the more brutal in history; you wont find an argument there.

By the fact that this is posted, would it be fair to say that it is the obligation of the United States to invade every country whose ruler mistreats, tortures or wrongfully imprisons its citizens, whether or not that country is a direct threat to America? That is the real question.

Nice try at diversion, though, and nothing like an incendiary NewsMax article to get the blood going first thing Sunday morning!

air_upser

I have to agree with Susie's last reply. Did I just say that????? Anyway, all too often a person's disagreement with our invasion of Iraq is perceived as anti-military, and that is far from the fact. No, I have never served but I have friends and family who have, and do. Both of my Grandfathers served in WWII, one was a medic, one was a POW. Suffice it to say, I grew up supporting our Military personel, and still do today.
The issue is when do I send my son or daughter into harms way? I still haven't decided whether Iraq was justified or not. But that doesn't really matter today. If we leave now, it's all out civil war. My heart breaks everytime a young man's life is lost, but pulling out now is not the answer, in my opninion. I'd love to see the United Nations take a more active role, but that's probably a topic for another thread.
Should the United States get involved when people are tortured? If it were your neighbor, wouldn't you? I don't know all the facts or issues, but I expect my Country to help anyone who lives under oppression and fear. Does that mean Military action? I would hope our President will have all the facts to make a decision without bias.
The point I wanted to make was don't confuse an opposition to go to war with a lack of support for our troops. The decision to invade Iraq will always be a topic for debate. There are legitimate arguments on both sides of the issue....just keep it honest and calm....

susiedriver

Air_UPSer,
Thanks for a well reasoned response.

Did you happen to catch Rep. Murtha on TV this morning? From every plan and option Ive heard discussed, his makes the most sense. In a nutshell, he says the terrorists are in Afghanistan, insurgents in Iraq. Zarqawi and his people only comprise about 7% of the people fighting against us in Iraq. They are there because we are there. Eventually the Iraqis are going to have to sort out their own differences.

BTW, Stephen Hadley was directly asked this morning if we would leave Iraq if we were asked to by their elected government; he dodged the question.

tieguy

Banned
same thing goes on in Saudia Arabia...are they next?

Same thing does not go on in Saudi Arabia. You called me a what I assume was meant to be a warhawk not because I stood up and said having a war in Iraq was a great idea but because I challenged Suzie Q on her point that she heartily endorsed that Bush lied about Iraqi troops leading the war effort in a specific campaign. Suzie was unable to address the points and therefore chose to dodge the issue completely as often does.

My point has always been that:

a) I don't like the fact that the US often finds itself the one that has to step in and be the one country that has to determine what injustices in the world have to be addressed.

b) that there are a lot of good things coming out of our involvement in this conflict in Iraq that the liberal press does not tell us about.

c) In order for Suzie to make the misguided points she makes she has to totally discount all the good our troops have done in Iraq. I cannot accept her trying to downplay all the good our troops have done in Iraq. They fought and died for those results and they deserve their credit for what they have done. When suzie slams or ignores their contributions then yes she is badmouthing her country and anyone that would discount their efforts is I'm sure godless in character.

d) I therefore gave you another post to think about when you try to join her effort and make this war nothing more than a fight for warhawks. If your going to be honest about this war effort then you have to admit there is a lot more at stake here than simply warhawks trying out new war toys.

tieguy

Banned
The truth is out there and anybody that wants to find it can start by googling "911 coverup" and "false flag" and "bush crime family" and go from there to discover for themselves how deep goes the rabbit hole

You tell me my truth is misguided and then you list what is probably some of the most misguided references imaginable to rebut what I have said. Hell if you really want to make your mind up about what is wrong and right talk to the troops theirselves. Many will tell you that the combat was tough and that they will carry emotional scars with them over it. Many will tell you that they believe this country should be doing something different than what we currently are doing or even that we should pull out. I believe almost all will tell you that they believed in what they did and that they believed they did that country a lot of good. Yet you don't see that story on the news other than the occasional 1 hour show on fox.