Porch Pirates

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm supposedly in a decent neighborhood, butt I guess not!

Next door neighbor just got hit by a porch pirate...

Amazon delivery around 6PM, & the thief was on foot going to front porches and hour later.

They have a hardwired camera system at ALL sides of the home, plus a stay at home mom too... shrugs

Cops going thru the neighborhood asking for video clips, butt my ring doorbell isn't set-up to record... cloud storage fees is the sux. I only had the app installed on tablets/ phones/ home desktop PC for instant notification and ability to talk to whoever is at the door.

Should've went with skybell. FREE cloud storage for 30 days & u can download selected clips to your hard drive at home.

I wanna recruit this YouTube er:

I got a nephew in the basement to bring in the stuff once it's delivered to our porch/garage, so I'm good.

Indecisi0n

I'm supposedly in a decent neighborhood, butt I guess not!

Next door neighbor just got hit by a porch pirate...

Amazon delivery around 6PM, & the thief was on foot going to front porches and hour later.

They have a hardwired camera system at ALL sides of the home, plus a stay at home mom too... shrugs

Cops going thru the neighborhood asking for video clips, butt my ring doorbell isn't set-up to record... cloud storage fees is the sux. I only had the app installed on tablets/ phones/ home desktop PC for instant notification and ability to talk to whoever is at the door.

Should've went with skybell. FREE cloud storage for 30 days & u can download selected clips to your hard drive at home.

I wanna recruit this YouTube er:

I got a nephew in the basement to bring in the stuff once it's delivered to our porch/garage, so I'm good.
I never understood getting these services without cloud storage. You would have to be watching the video at that exact moment to catch anything and even if you did you don't have any proof of it for police. Makes the camera almost pointless.

OrioN

Yeah, I got it for free when a neighbor upgraded to skybell and arlo...
SkyBell
Free storage: 7 days

Oops, not 30 days...

We only use it if we're upstairs or when the nephew is playing fortnite with the app running in the background

OrioN

I guess... but I'll probably follow the neighbors lead& get a skybell or arlo system if I decide to upgrade.

I don't need it though

Indecisi0n

My camera caught this pirate just the other day

red-sexy-pirate-dress-halloween-costume-048557.jpg

OrioN

Yeah, that's y the neighbor got his hardwired system that way... the cops wanted more surveillance clips since the porch pirate hid under a hoodie when he stole the parcels from their porch.

The stay at home mom will now be more vigilant about her Amazon orders...

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, that's y the neighbor got his hardwired system that way... the cops wanted more surveillance clips since the porch pirate hid under a hoodie when he stole the parcels from their porch.

The stay at home mom will now be more vigilant about her Amazon orders...
Hoodies should be outlawed. The crime rate would go way down.

OrioN

Shrugs, they can acquire used delivery driver uniforms and do this same thing...

I also had a customer who got a porch pirate but from their open garage door.

Saturday afternoon, I driver release a big white box (pool vacuum) since they normally have it open when walking their dogs or riding their bicycles around the neighborhood.

Monday, called a disputed delivery. Rolled up on Tuesday to talk to them in person.

I told them the garage door was wide open so I put it there and scanned a door tag to let you know (ring doorbell at front door)

Apparently, the went to the shore over the weekend... I asked if there were extra security cameras by the garage/ driveway. Nope!

Police report filed & Amazon replace the stolen merch.

rod

Retired 22 years
Shrugs, they can acquire used delivery driver uniforms and do this same thing...

I also had a customer who got a porch pirate but from their open garage door.

Saturday afternoon, I driver release a big white box (pool vacuum) since they normally have it open when walking their dogs or riding their bicycles around the neighborhood.

Monday, called a disputed delivery. Rolled up on Tuesday to talk to them in person.

I told them the garage door was wide open so I put it there and scanned a door tag to let you know (ring doorbell at front door)

Apparently, the went to the shore over the weekend... I asked if there were extra security cameras by the garage/ driveway. Nope!

Police report filed & Amazon replace the stolen merch.
So what you are saying is this family now has a free back-up pool vac? :-)

OrioN

I have no idea.

They can't go after my subcontractor since I did my part and remembered every detail about the delivery

MassWineGuy

Was it a controlled release? If not, did it occur to you that it might be something expensive and there wasn’t a secure location for it? Not that I’ve never properly released stuff in questionable spots. But I’d rather leave a tag and have a possibly irritated customer pick it up at the station than have it stolen.

It will be fine

Was it a controlled release? If not, did it occur to you that it might be something expensive and there wasn’t a secure location for it? Not that I’ve never properly released stuff in questionable spots. But I’d rather leave a tag and have a possibly irritated customer pick it up at the station than have it stolen.
Contractors don’t get paid for attempts. We get paid for deliveries. If it’s not signature required it gets delivered. Not our problem if it’s expensive. We leave 65’ TVs in their display boxes on front porches everyday. It is what it is.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Contractors don’t get paid for attempts. We get paid for deliveries. If it’s not signature required it gets delivered. Not our problem if it’s expensive. We leave 65’ TVs in their display boxes on front porches everyday. It is what it is.

Some shippers want to scrimp on signature and declared value fees and replacing a package every now and then is worth it not to pay those fees. Express policy is to use more discretion when leaving packages. My position has always been to leave a package unless it's obvious that you shouldn't/leave packages at certain addresses and then reevaluate if issues arrive.