Position in JCATS

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Agreed! I have at least 10 years on the guy who got the route. Especially this guy is already under the hiring manager!
I'm guessing the guy who obtained the route is an avid kool-aid drinker?

Surprised that there is any left.

latest

whenIgetthere

Yep, I got passed over by another courier who just came back from an injury and was "given" the route I was waiting for it to be posted internally. The position was posted Jcats corporate level, not internal. One of the managers must have tipped him that the listing was on Jcats. I have been fighting to get that route but in the end I got the "Sorry out of Luck" line by the hiring manager.

Did that courier lose his route due to being out 45 days (or 90) and was displaced? Management has done that here with the two people who lost their routes due to the 45 day rule.

Whats in the Box

Did that courier lose his route due to being out 45 days (or 90) and was displaced? Management has done that here with the two people who lost their routes due to the 45 day rule.

He was past 45 days back from an injury and was a swing. Being the station is down on swings, he was able to just keep his swing position and able bid on other positions.

The reason I was fighting this is that my 4x10 wheel position is being eliminated and the new SM is making everyone 5x8's to "reduce overtime." Now I have to start looking the jcats boards everyweek by my choice instead of being put on another route by using that "station need" clause.

Purplepackage

He was past 45 days back from an injury and was a swing. Being the station is down on swings, he was able to just keep his swing position and able bid on other positions.

The reason I was fighting this is that my 4x10 wheel position is being eliminated and the new SM is making everyone 5x8's to "reduce overtime." Now I have to start looking the jcats boards everyweek by my choice instead of being put on another route by using that "station need" clause.

I actually don't see that eliminating overtime at all, at my station 4x10s can't go over 10 hours which is cutting a little overtime for them but adding hours for 5x8s

But the thing is no matter what someone is getting OT becasue who is going to do the pups connected to the 4x10 routes

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Because of our 11 hour rule to cut OT, we had a guy on Friday bring back a flat cart of unattempted freight. He was scheduled to work yesterday in his same area. Soooo, on OT he delivered the stuff yesterday. Can't make this stuff up. FedEx, delivering The Purple Promise. Lol.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I fear if this 4x10 thing is implemented that it will just lead to increased incidences of massive stinkies being delivered inside courier vans.

BigTex61

Making everyone 5×8 to eliminate overtime? Our special needs SM is trying to implement 4×10 to eliminate overtime! WTF!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I fear if this 4x10 thing is implemented that it will just lead to increased incidences of massive stinkies being delivered inside courier vans.

I swear, if I find a massive stinky in my truck tomorrow, I'm gonna

laugh really, really hard.
And then clean it up with a torque wrench.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The only way to reduce overtime is adequate manpower. But with the heavy turnover this will never be possible so management tries throwing different ideas against the wall in hopes that in vain something sticks.

CJinx

We need a Ground JCATS, sounds wonderful!
Oh wait, I'm currently doing my 10th tour of duty on one of the best routes again.
We already have one; it's called Craigslist. :D
Ground employees use eHire on the HR portal to look for and apply for posted positions. Also you need to set up a search agent so you get emails when they open, else they get filled without you ever knowing about them.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

The only way to reduce overtime is adequate manpower. But with the heavy turnover this will never be possible so management tries throwing different ideas against the wall in hopes that in vain something sticks.

Always entertaining to watch them keep trying to re-invent the wheel...and their wheels always come out square.
b0Yxiwj.gif