Position in JCATS

SmithBarney

The only way to reduce overtime is adequate manpower...
Always entertaining to watch them keep trying to re-invent the wheel...and their wheels always come out square.

Funny thing is I was once told it costs more to put an additional person on the road(with vehicle cost/insurance/fuel etc...) than it does to pay overtime... now they just keep throwing people lots of PT people, we are renting tons of vehicles that sit most the day after they are used for 1-3 hours...

overflowed

Funny thing is I was once told it costs more to put an additional person on the road(with vehicle cost/insurance/fuel etc...) than it does to pay overtime... now they just keep throwing people lots of PT people, we are renting tons of vehicles that sit most the day after they are used for 1-3 hours...
It doesn't have to make sense. Senior is on a report and that's his way of getting off of the list. Makes no sense, I know. You are right in what you're saying, even your senior knows you're right. Management by report.

dezguy

I will never understand their thinking. At my station they'd rather hire 2 pt than one ft. That's two people you're giving benefits to, two trucks to put them in, two powerpads for them to do their work with, ect.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It doesn't have to make sense. Senior is on a report and that's his way of getting off of the list. Makes no sense, I know. You are right in what you're saying, even your senior knows you're right. Management by report.

Absolutely. FedEx does run by report(s). And most of them are fudged or downright faked. As a result, our top leadership is enabled to make even worse decisions than they already have. If anything, we have become even more report-driven. Personally, I think it's great, because they have no idea what they're doing.

DontThrowPackages

They don't usually broadcast internal JCA's at my station either. That's how I got my rural route. Management made a point to tell me it was in JCATS. They WANTED me to have it. Only thing missing was an invitation on a silver platter. It was awesome! Lol.
I was going to say the same thing. If management wants you to have it, they will make "You" aware. Might even tell you to keep it under your hat as well.

Flaco50

Is there any point to not withdrawing bid after 6 weeks? I'm assuming position I bid for is filled and have to withdraw 1of 2 I have active to submit new ones for position I'm less enthusiastic about.