Positive Stories in General and COVID

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Probably trying to recover from the hit to his image for basically taking a dump on veterans by saying "screw your freedom." It's gonna cost him a lot more for him to redeem himself in my eyes.
I’m all for whatever it takes to get them out of tents and off the streets. Personally, I think the VA should build places for them to live like was done for veterans back in the day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’m all for whatever it takes to get them out of tents and off the streets. Personally, I think the VA should build places for them to live like was done for veterans back in the day.

I support some sort of transitional housing situation and assistance for those having trouble adjusting to help them get back to functional in the civilian world.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I love this. I think having so many of these families living in the same neighborhood will be beneficial for the veterans and their families. Everyone around them will know and understand the challenges.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology found that global lightning activity dropped nearly 8 percent during COVID lockdowns
  • Researchers believe the aerosols produced by burning fossil fuels contributes to the formation of lightning
  • As fewer people traveled and production at power plants came to a halt, there was a decrease in these particles, leading to an equal reduction in lightning
  • The results of the study showed that places with more dramatic reductions in the amount of aerosol tended to have the greatest reduction in lightning

vantexan

• Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology found that global lightning activity dropped nearly 8 percent during COVID lockdowns
  • Researchers believe the aerosols produced by burning fossil fuels contributes to the formation of lightning
  • As fewer people traveled and production at power plants came to a halt, there was a decrease in these particles, leading to an equal reduction in lightning
  • The results of the study showed that places with more dramatic reductions in the amount of aerosol tended to have the greatest reduction in lightning
There might be something to this. Central Florida normally gets more lightning strikes than about anywhere else on Earth during summer. Not so this year.