Positive use of New contract

browned out

This post will show all the positive aspects of the new contract over the next 5 years. please post

if you get paid double time for 9 5 abuses

if you get paid double time for sups working

if your part time health care is better

if you are a part timer in progression and go full time and how long it took.

any other positive actions because of new language or new contract in general.

We will look back in 5 years and see if we are better off.

KTB

You left out that almost 50,000 of us got out of the Central States Pension Plan.

I'll second that. I don't approve of the manner it was done in or the concessions that were made, but I'm glad not to be in it. Central States is a train wreck and I think we'll come out better under the UPS plan.

Damok

Give it a few months or ever thru the first year of the contract and I bet you these threads of positive and negative take on a life of their own.

No matter the result of the contract vote threads like this would be around. People will always come to a board like this to voice their opinions, issues, complaints, etc. The people who voted no will be more vocal as I would expect. Some will have legitimate gripes while others will continue to be negative no matter what. It's nothing new - some think it will be horrible, some not. I would be willing to bet the same cycle happens after every contract.

browned out

alright i should have waited til Jan 1 when it goes into effect to start this thread.

I am just curious on the unclear elements of the contract.

I would like to know if part timers are happier in their new UPS healthcare plan and what the details of that plan are.

I would like to know the number of or what new jobs are created when UPS lets the teamsters know next year.

And if people are retiring after Jan 1st to take advantage of the cs service credit pensions returning.

stuff like that

Braveheart

Things in this contract that bother me.

1. GPS was used before to spy, now it will be used to fire. There will those who deserve some punishment and others that had legit reasons.

2. 8 hour weaker than ever. Will it ever really be honored like the old days? People forget that the current contract forced us to work as instructed and file after they screw you!

3. 9.5 commitee will it help or hurt? I get the feeling that adding yet another commitee reminds me of the government adding other layers of red tape. I can hear it now, sorry you bid on the route too bad, triple time denied!

4. Still no protection from managers changing your truck every other day to screw with you!!!!!!

5. I did the math and the extra nickle we get in our raises will take almost 5 years to recoup the $400 or more lost due to 6 month wait on second half of raises!!!!

6. I wonder how long it will take before the second half of raises go to pension and healthcare!!

7. Subcontracting loopholes added so what kind of pandora's box can we expect!

8. I'll wait to see all the pissed off cover drivers who will not get promoted due to NEVER reaching 200 reports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. I bet the TAW will be screwed up as it ever was. Split shift just like before, only at least one of the shifts will be within the 4 HOUR window of regular start time!!

10. I can't wait to see all the people find out that the pro-rata we got for vacation and NOT for option days in the last contract is STILL BROKEN and you still will NOT get pro-rata for your option days in this contract either! How do you work say 140 reports after missing a couple months due to a work related injury and manage to get part of your vacations yet ZERO OPTION/SICK DAYS????!!!!????????

11. The joke of how it will be harder and harder to get ANYBODY to come work for us part time with the new 12month/18month waiting period for the benefits. This coupled with the stagnant $8.50 starting pay! Don't forget they get no holiday pay now for a full year! Still no option days for three years too!

12. How many people will be dumped right before 60 probation days are up?

13. How many people will screw up and fail to get on the 9.5 list and be banned from filing grievances for 5 months and thereby have zero protection from excessive overtime!!!!

More to come, time will tell?

Last edited:

Boku41

The REAL Braveheart would be embarrassed by our 'Bravehearts' whining. People all around the country would look at you like a spoiled brat when their medical care is being axed completely by their companies. There is nothing UPS could do to end this whining that goes on. Nothing would be good enough.

over9five

Staff member
"There is nothing UPS could do to end this whining that goes on. Nothing would be good enough."

Remember, it IS good enough for the majority of UPSers.

The whining comes from the vocal minority.

Fredless

APWA Hater
"There is nothing UPS could do to end this whining that goes on. Nothing would be good enough."

Remember, it IS good enough for the majority of UPSers.

The whining comes from the vocal minority.

Truth. It has passed, so now we need to come together and make the best of it.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Someone please explain to me:

How a person who disagrees with ratifying this contract, is automatically labeled a whiner and misfit

How a person who agrees to ratify the contract, is the good apple; mature;

Isn't this type of thinking more immature and ignorant than anything? I think so. No one's the same. We all have different needs, different ideals, varying degrees of satisfaction and expectations. To say someone that disagrees, questions, concerns and has a differing opinion is a "whiner" or "spoiled brat" is where the real whining is going on!

...I think most people see through this type of behavior.

It's pretty clear that this contract, esp outside the CS, is not nearly up to snuff as to what the previous contract in 2002 offered. If this is "whining", pointing out mere facts and issues, then you probably have some deep psychological issues that are impacting your judgement, or are completely misinterpeting the nature of the post.

Damok

How a person who disagrees with ratifying this contract, is automatically labeled a whiner and misfit

Please link where anyone said this.

I believe, and I could be wrong, that the comment was directed at a certain group of people. They come here with an agenda doing nothing but talking about how awful this contract is. nothing about it is good or if they see anything good they don't mention it. Their goal, in my opinion, is to sow the seeds of doubt and dissent. They may be associated with a group vying for power within the Teamsters or they may just enjoy stirring up trouble on message boards in their spare time.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned

You mean someone who lists 13 things he thinks is wrong with the contract without listing one positive item is automatically labeled a whiner?

Or did you mean its ok to whine about the contract but its not ok to whine about the whining of the contract?

satellitedriver

Isn't this type of thinking more immature and ignorant than anything? I think so. No one's the same. We all have different needs, different ideals, varying degrees of satisfaction and expectations. To say someone that disagrees, questions, concerns and has a differing opinion is a "whiner" or "spoiled brat" is where the real whining is going on!

...I think most people see through this type of behavior.

It's pretty clear that this contract, esp outside the CS, is not nearly up to snuff as to what the previous contract in 2002 offered. If this is "whining", pointing out mere facts and issues, then you probably have some deep psychological issues that are impacting your judgement, or are completely misinterpeting the nature of the post.
"...I think most people see through this type of behavior. "
Yep, I have to agree, except for one word.
Transpose, "this" to "my" in your post, maybe then you might see the connection

IDoLessWorkThanMost

You mean someone who lists 13 things he thinks is wrong with the contract without listing one positive item is automatically labeled a whiner?

Or did you mean its ok to whine about the contract but its not ok to whine about the whining of the contract?

Whining is a tone and emotion. He seemed to make 13 rational and unemotional points...;)