Part timers working overtime for 30 days creates new full time position, per the contract

HarryWarden

Unless I’m reading this wrong, it sounds like it a part timer works an 8 hour day for 30 days in a 60 day period, it will create a new 22.3 job

Also, am I wrong or is it saying that if you volunteer to double as a part timer outside of peak season, you will not be paid over time after 5 hours?
8A9D2981-DDCB-4226-8D3E-3F1CA900C0DD.jpeg

BobJ

If I'm reading that correctly...

You only get paid overtime after 5hrs if your current shift runs long.
If you agree to work on two different shifts, then overtime starts after 8hrs.

We've had managers tell employees to take a 1hr lunch knowing that it invalidates their overtime. This seems to eliminate the 1hr rule.

the wording for creating a new 22.3 job will depend on the definition of "consecutive".

Shorts365

Wow. Why would anyone ever volunteer to a double shift without overtime after 5? Like I if already got my benefits, my second shift is gonna get me a free chalupa.

The Range

In too deep
That reads as though pt double shifting was straight time until over 8h and now it's improved to OT post 5h during oct-peak. Where I am, starting is $25, and new hires can pick up whatever additional shifts they desire 5 days out of the week. The company has its stable favorites and uses the same extensions as quasi-full-timers.

R1wonder

Wow. Why would anyone ever volunteer to a double shift without overtime after 5? Like I if already got my benefits, my second shift is gonna get me a free chalupa.
Well , not everyone thinks they will get a “liveable” wage with a part time job, so some of us volunteer to work 2 shifts, making it more like a full time job. Shocking I know. But that’s what I had to do my first 12 years

Shorts365

Well , not everyone thinks they will get a “liveable” wage with a part time job, so some of us volunteer to work 2 shifts, making it more like a full time job. Shocking I know. But that’s what I had to do my first 12 years
Oh man, I’m not hating the player, I’m hating the game. Here if you double, it’s overtime after 5 hours which is fair enough incentive in my book. Moving the goal post to overtime after 8 hours when they’re hard up for help is sheisty is all I’m saying

mikejonesjr

Oh man, I’m not hating the player, I’m hating the game. Here if you double, it’s overtime after 5 hours which is fair enough incentive in my book. Moving the goal post to overtime after 8 hours when they’re hard up for help is sheisty is all I’m saying
Is this a thing in the national? Or just a supplement

HubSnakeWrangler

When I was part time I worked twi metro unload then did rewraps/damages/psc for total of at least 10hrs all payable to twi sort. We didn't/don't get ot after 5hrs in CA. Wasn't till the...2000?...22.3 arbitration ruling that it was made into a 22.3 full time job and I was bumped out. Sorry, not relevant to today's TA but it did happen when 22.3 language was settled after '97strike.

HarryWarden

And this logic right here is exactly why ups restricts full time jobs as much as possible.

Keep the logic, but make part time pay the same as full time pay, and it will be cheaper to pay a full time employee for the same work rather than a part timer

R1wonder

It’s been ages since I worked inside and it was the same . If you volunteer it’s not OT but if you just work over you get it . Definitely a good trick on their part to avoid full time jobs that pay higher

Boston25

Unless I’m reading this wrong, it sounds like it a part timer works an 8 hour day for 30 days in a 60 day period, it will create a new 22.3 job

Also, am I wrong or is it saying that if you volunteer to double as a part timer outside of peak season, you will not be paid over time after 5 hours?
View attachment 441070
It’s OT after five hours during October November December and January it doesn’t reset at 8. And yes if a PT employee works 8 hours for 30 days in a 60 day period creates a new 22.3 job. They spoke about it yesterday at the meeting.

OrionIsDaddy

Here you still get overtime starting on your 6th shift. So if you double shift everyday starting monday then by Wednesday second shift the rest of the week is overtime.