Possible layoffs in 2017?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yeah our center record volume, then again Amazon hasn't started delivering around here.
Amazon started delivering some of their own packages in my subdivision this past fall. They misdelivered two packages on two different days to my address this peak.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Any news on possible layoffs in 2017? There is a lot of talk about Amazon taking over e.t.c. This peak season we were much lighter that last year. Right before peak started, it looked like volume drooped about 40%.
40%? Where? Heavy as hell in the 177.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Any news on possible layoffs in 2017? There is a lot of talk about Amazon taking over e.t.c. This peak season we were much lighter that last year. Right before peak started, it looked like volume drooped about 40%.

Up about 27% here. CACH in Chicago had to be shut down because too much volume in one day. We had 20-30 drivers from other centers come help us. If anything more jobs in 2017

Overpaid Union Thug

Our Amazon volume was way down too. The last week i was delivering one or two pieces and there would already be 10- 20 Amazon boxes sitting on the porch. Most of them from the USPS and a few from RPS.

barnyard

KTM rider
The last week i was delivering one or two pieces and there would already be 10- 20 Amazon boxes sitting on the porch.
Exact opposite from me. There would be 1 or 2 from UPS or FEg and I would be adding 2-5 more. I had lots of Amazon this peak. Kind of surprising, as the metro closest to us has a regional distribution hub and one of the new 'on demand' delivery thingys. Place an order and get it delivered within 2 hours.

I know that my center lost some Amazon volume, but it does not seem to be the case on rural routes.

Hellobrown2000

Exact opposite from me. There would be 1 or 2 from UPS or FEg and I would be adding 2-5 more. I had lots of Amazon this peak. Kind of surprising, as the metro closest to us has a regional distribution hub and one of the new 'on demand' delivery thingys. Place an order and get it delivered within 2 hours.

I know that my center lost some Amazon volume, but it does not seem to be the case on rural routes.
Delivering on a rural route will probably only be profitable for amazon if it's done by a drone.