pregnancy/maternity leave

scbbbc

So my driver and myself some how got to talking about what ups does with women drivers who are Pregnant he was not sure. I presume they go on light duty?

JonFrum

If the child is conceived in the back of the package car, UPS will expect you both to turn him/her over at age 17 for Orientation and a lifetime of toil. :wink2:

ARTICLE 16. LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Section 4. Maternity and Paternity Leave
It is understood that maternity leave for female employees shall be granted with no loss of seniority for such period of time as her doctor shall determine that she is physically unable to return to her normal duties and maternity leave must comply with applicable state and federal laws.

A light duty request, certified in writing by a physician, shall be granted in compliance with state or federal laws, if applicable.

Paternity leave shall be granted in accordance with Section 6 of this Article with the exception of employees not able to meet the qualifications set out in Section 6, [Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)]who shall be granted leave not to exceed one (1) week.

Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement, Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vacation year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is determined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the father, time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the accrued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.

I told them I was pregnant back in 2006. I got booted to disability and you what happened? 2 weeks before I had my daughter, MY INSURANCE WAS CANCELLED ON ME!!! Had to rush and get state insurance, I"m pretty sure that **** is illegal and I wonder if it's too late to say something about it. They had no rights to do that to me!

ups1990

I told them I was pregnant back in 2006. I got booted to disability and you what happened? 2 weeks before I had my daughter, MY INSURANCE WAS CANCELLED ON ME!!! Had to rush and get state insurance, I"m pretty sure that **** is illegal and I wonder if it's too late to say something about it. They had no rights to do that to me!

Just wondering, where in the hell is your center at?